Celeste deleted her account…
Kilgor4's Life List
PM me if you want to learn.
Right, so everyone knows that the Mayan belief that the world will end falls 4 days from now. Looking towards it, I have sort of been like “eh, whatever.” But it wasn’t until a few weeks ago talking to Celeste that I realized that people are legitimately scared about the world actually ending. I figured the hardcore believers are already hellbent, so I may as well give those who are still scared a few reasons it won’t end:
1. The Mayan calendar didn’t factor in Leap year, so the world would have ended a few months ago if it was going to
2. The Mayan belief the world would end 12/21/2012 was based on that that date would be the end of their religious cycle. There have been many cycle ends already, and the world is still here
3. Science tells us that the world still has billions of years left to live. No external or internal forces will end it any time soon.
4. Mayans believed their gods would end the world once ritual bloodletting ended. It ended on a larg scale thousands of years ago, so if they existed they would have ended the world by now.
5. Humans have predicted the end of the world since religion basically began. Nothing original here.
I thank you for your time, and hope this has been useful. I may have left out some reasons, but I think this is most likely enough on its own. Happy wings progress.