I will be biking with hundreds of other happy folks on bikes. Hurrah!
Lunacera's Life List
1. manage my money more successfully
2. get out of debt
3. be more positive
4. Daily: Reflect on 5 things for which I'm grateful.
5. Grow a New Career
6. memorize songs on ukulele
7. learn to sing
8. Enroll in Swim Class (Exercise more)
9. ride my bike more
10. write a book of short stories
11. learn to crochet
12. live my own life
13. improve my Spanish
14. Make new friends
15. Visit Peru
16. live healthy
17. learn how to silk screen
18. read 12 books this year
19. take a meditation class
20. sell my crafts
21. Learn to Salsa
22. Give more gifts for no reason
How I did it: 1) I quit cold turkey unsatisfying boy relationships. No more complaining, sulking, or wondering. If I had to wonder if "he" was worth it, then the answer was NO.. move on.2) I beautified my space-- inner, outer, and was happy with that. Preparing myself and space for a significant other was fun.3) Made myself open to possibilities and started saying, "yes" to people I might not have given a second glance to.4) When I was ready, he came..… Read how I did it…
How I did it: I can't say there was any one particular event or activity that helped to push me through the darkness of depression. Some days I felt like I was wading in turbulent dark waters, and there was no light for me to reach towards. In short, depression that lasts for months can be so difficult to deal with.I finally committed to seeing a therapist on a regular basis, and this helped immensely. For one hour a day, I could "dump" on someone who … Read how I did it…
How I did it: I look forward to going to work the next day bright eyed and bushy tailed. I make a point to go in early and sleep early. Sleep is the BEST way I can take care of myself. Well, I ain't 23 anymore, ya know? Read how I did it…
1. I am grateful for my amazing boyfriend who is kind, loving, and independent.
2. I am grateful that I still have the energy and enthusiasm to create, provide guidance for others who ask for help, and to continue pushing myself to grow and be better.
3. I am grateful that I AM.
4. How thankful I am for the journey I have been on so far, because I can say that I have grown and am proud of how far I have come.
5. I am thankful for the freedom I still have in my life to find new ways of healing, dealing, and just enjoying the details in life (love, sun, sleep).
After my dad had his angioplasty surgery, it was a wake up call. Everyone in my family has high blood pressure. I do not and I’d prefer to take preventive measures while I’m still young enough to built a healthy routine that’s not too painful or difficult to follow. Just today I started to track my nutrition and exercise once again. It’s so hard to get back into it, but I figure this is just another way I can commit to loving the life I live.