Well this new year looks to be very interesting for me and the family. I thought I would have to argue the point about getting rid of some of our extra expenditures, but I did not have to. The kids are on board with getting a basic cable package and all…so that is a good start.
Brian 's Life List
1. get out of debt
2. run a 5k
3. 20 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Every Sunday
4. maintain a list of smaller monthly goals
5. be a better father
6. eat more healthy
7. become more organized
8. work for a feeling of achievement each day
9. visit all 7 continents
10. weight loss
11. Be a great husband
12. Practice the Four Agreements: Be impeccable with my word/ Don't take anything personally/ Don't make assumptions/ Always do my best
13. Read more
14. finish my degree
15. Daily: Reflect on 5 things for which I'm grateful.
16. stop procrastinating
17. make a daily "to do" list that i actually follow
18. spend an entire day watching the extended version of all three Lord of the Rings movies back-to-back-to-back
How I did it: Well, being in the military is the first thing...someone else tells me when to get up. Once I realize that once you get moving, its all down hill after that. I always have things set out from the night before and if there is anything i need to bring with me, I sometimes put it in my truck or backpack. I have instilled this into my kids...just need to get them to get up when we first tell them!!But one thi… Read how I did it…
the cool thing about this is my 16 year old daughter wants to run with me. So training is about to begin for the both of us this holiday season…start small and work our way up to running a 5k around Christmas time.
We started taekwondo back in 2007, and i am now a black belt. I also help out in classes with the juniors, as well as take the kickboxing/cardio class. I can complete this, knowing that I do take classes 3 days a week, with about 2-3 sessions a day (they are about 45-50 minutes a piece)
I look forward to the many challenges that face me in taekwondo, as well as just staying fit…rather get fit now when I can move and enjoy it