- Watched “Alan Davies: As Yet Untitled”
10 years after introducing 43 Things to the world, we have decided we have met our last goal: completing the incredible experience that has been 43 Things. Please join us in giving one last cheer to all the folks who have shared their goals with the world, as well as all the people who have worked at The Robot Co-op to build this incredible website. We won a Webby Award, published a book, and brought happiness to a lot of people.
Starting today, 43 Things users can export their goals and entries from the site. Starting August 15, we will make the site “read only”. 43 Things users will still be able to view the site and export their content, but we won’t be taking any new content from users. We hope to leave the site up for folks to see and download their content until the end of the year. Ending on New Year’s Eve takes us full circle.
It has been a long ride (one of our original goals was to "build a company that lasts at least 2 years” - we beat that one!) While we wish the site could live on, it has suffered from a number of challenges - changes in how people use the site, the advertising industry, and how search engines view the site. We wish the outcome was different – but we’ve always been realistic about when our goals are met and when they aren't.
As of today, you will be able to download your goals and entries. See more about that on the FAQ page. Thanks for 10 great years of goal-setting and achieving.
- The Robots.
If anyone wants to be in touch with me, message me on here.
I’m still not sure if I’ll use that other site (as of yet I haven’t). I probably will, at some point. I’ve just wanted to keep using this site for now, before it goes.
Does anyone know why 43things is closing?
I just wrote a message, was about to send it but then net went off so lost it. Oh well, second attempt…
1. It’s far too hot! Seriously, it’s making me feel ill/fed up. I used to love summer, now not so much. IF ONLY it could be WARM (I hate being cold, don’t get me wrong) but not BOILING HOT!
Question: How do I keep cool? Seriously? I know I just asked a question but I’ve tried lots of things… drinking water, splashing water on me, wearing a wet top, fan on constantly (highest setting), window open…. even stood near fridge earlier.
2. A question I wrote earlier in the week… today (later tonight/very early tomorrow) is a year since I met “him” that I’m getting over right now. I’ve been listening to sad songs.
Question: How do I cheer up? (bare in mind, I’m going to write more in next bit that relates to this).
3. I WAS going to go out and watch some live music with a mate I’ve not seen for ages. PROBLEM: I’ve been feeling unwell all week (sometimes if I’m not too bad I would go out anyway, but I don’t think I can) – the heat isn’t helping either (despite me keeping as cool as I can). Even when it was less hot I felt rubbish, but I know it’s not helping me it being this hot.
Question: How do I deal with the disappointment of this? It was supposed to help me with the 2nd bit. I can’t even invite anyone over to hang out right now.
4. How can I make staying in, feeling rubbish, lonely etc POSITIVE (at least a BIT)? Play happier music? Play games? Watch/listen to comedy? If I feel up to it do a bit of sorting on my room/laptop or something that needs doing?
I think that’s all I have to say
Oh one more thing..
5. Would anyone like to chat sometime? (feeling lonely)
What’s the temperature where you are?
Where are you?
How are you keeping cool?
Does the heat make you fed up when it’s too hot?
I had a takeaway from a place I hadn’t tried before, and it was healthy food (instead of the usual takeaway food) – veg wrap, yoghurt pot and smoothie.
if anyone can get rid of “all” clutter, but the main thing is that I have made progress over the years. There’s still a fair bit to do (mainly paper at the moment), hopefully I can make more progress with that before 43things closes.
But I read quite a few!
What advice can you give on what I can do, to cheer myself up/deal with this? It’s nearly a year since I met my last ex (even though we split up last October). I’m still getting over it all (every situation is different, some people are over their ex straight away, others can take months, and each ex is different too).
If you’re not over an ex, and it comes up to a date, either the date you met, or the date they left you or whatever, and you think of them because of this… how do you cheer yourself up/distract yourself? Also I’m not going to make myself not think about it at all, I don’t want to completely dwell on it in-fact I’d like to make it positive, but it’s a process and just not thinking about it hasn’t worked completely, I go longer without thinking about him than I did at the start, but I still do now and again, even though there’s absolutely no contact now or anything.
I made something (a foil art thing) as part of a website swap thing I was doing. I also did another just for fun. They were art things we got with art magazines, which we’ve had for ages.