I finally got smart about school and spent a day sitting in a conference room with my notes all over a huge white board. This way I could see exactly what data I had, how it related, and what I needed to discuss. I made great progress and my mentor is going to review my draft this week. Hopefully, I will only need to make a few changes and it can be sent to my committee for approval.
I will be happy to see the last of this darn dissertation, and finally get those three initials after my name.
I guess I was so motivated to ensure that several projects were funded that I went a bit crazy. I ended up completing the following projects:
Paper for a school in Las Vegas.
32 science kits (cars) for a school in Texas.
iPad case and language software for a school in Bakersfield, CA.
I am watching one project to purchase copies of “Silent Spring” for a school in Lindsay, CA (a farming area). I will probably donate the needed money since they received a grant for half the project cost. I have to figure out a better way to help get these projects funded. There is a lot of “matching” money out there but I can’t always use it on the projects I like.
Still, it all helps. :)
Before I received my plot the county “helped” by rototilling it to make the soil softer. The downside is that this cut up all the roots for the grass that had been growing there. I have been digging out the roots – a lot of work since they are disbursed all thru the plot. Well, at least it is easy work and I can listen to music. :)
My “plot neighbor” was there so we introduced ourselves and he gave me a bunch of onion starts. How nice! Now I need to finish off cleaning the soil so I can plant. A few hours of work should be enough to get the onions planted.
I need to determine what I want to grow, and where things will go. Planning is not my strong point… The plot is small enough that I can work on one bed while I figure out what I want to do with the rest.