Things have looked up considerably (though the temperature hasn’t followed suit – I think this is the coldest day yet and going down, down, down). We had a good night and a smooth morning. Halfway to school I realized my purse was missing which gave me a jolt, but fortunately I’d just forgotten to bring it (a first) and had the house key in my pocket. Whew.
Tonight is the Xmas dinner for M’s work – they’re taking everyone to a very nice place downtown. My parents are coming to babysit and hopefully we won’t have trouble parking (M doesn’t feel like having anything to drink and since it’d be over an hour on transit, we’ve decided to drive). Looking forward to going, as long as we can polish ourselves enough to not feel like sore thumbs.
E + A are coming over within the hour for our Friday coffee hangout, though we’re opting for tea today – their family were all hit with the same sickness we had last weekend, so gentle minty things suit us both.
I hope we’ll have a great night (yay! grown-ups out on the town!) and a productive weekend – we’re hoping to pick up a tree and make cookies with friends!
- Health: Body test, exercise, water, vitamins, sleep
- Home: Dishes, garbage, recycling, flylady mission, sort/declutter
- Happiness: Joynotes, catch-up entries, mindfulness, photos, me time
- School: Update planner, check folder, study spelling, home reading, homework
- Relationships: Connect w/3 friends, family game/adventure, read w/kids, downtime w/M
- Flylady Mission of the Day: dust dining room, entrance
- Make Saturday pick-up + dinner plans with N.
- Solidify transportation plans + check parking
- Clean up for company (morning + evening)
- Download + set up new memoir project
- Calm bedtime routine, wake before NT
- Friday tea + playdate with E + A
- Choose clothes for tonight
- Post work freshening
- Find M’s good coat
- File, paint nails
- Dinner for kids
- Xmas dinner!
- Bedtime reading with Isak: Continue George and the Big Bang
- Continue August happiness entries
- Watch/delete DVR: 1 hour
- Start sorting big bag of baby things to give away
- Winterize exterior hose bibs
- December boot camp entry
- Family movie + popcorn
- Send polite complaint
- Buy red kerchief
- Buy snow tires
- Get our first live Christmas tree!
- Hang bedroom mirror