1) Pushing through side cramps and completing my run.
2) Doing a silly little remix in which my happy hardcore roots are definitely showing.
3) This week is almost over!
4) Hearing some very good auditions today.
1) My sister bailing on our run today – I was glad to get to go home early.
2) Learning choreography for this video (by watching it over and over) so that I can teach it to my colleagues this week and next.
3) Watching anime with the Man this evening, over a homemade dinner of skirt steak and chimichurri.
4) Getting a bunch of nagging tasks taken care of. There’s still a lot to do, but I’m slowly wading through. I want this month to be over already…
A rainy and damp day, but that didn’t stop the thousands who showed up for The Coaster Run today! I finished my 10K in 56:55, hitting my secondary goal (under 1hr) but not my primary goal (50m). I came in 20th out of 163 runners in my division (30-34 female).
Not bad for my first 10K, but I know I can probably do better. I need to get one of those runner’s watches that shows your time and your distance on its face – I lose all sense of time when I’m running, so I have no clue whether I’m on pace or not. This run was a slightly slower pace than I was hoping for, and I think if I had known exactly how far through the race I was, I could have run faster in a couple places.
10K – DONE!