What are that need to happen in order for this to occur… what would it look like?
-I take on more of a leadership role
-I have several go-to themes
-I get really fast at gearing people up and down.
-I have excellent customer service.
-I’m very confident on tour.
-I know the technical aspects of the tour in and out and can perform all rescue operations quickly and with confidence in under 4 minutes.
-I can multi-task and address the guest while setting them up to zip.
-I set a good pace on tour and know when to take pictures of guests, and I do a good job of taking pictures of guest.
Interpretive side of things:
-I know my content and I actually care about it.
-I’m able to be myself and interact comfortably with guest.
-I’m in control.
-I’m a good coach and know how to go through the basics of ground school… explain the platform traverse/hop, rappel stations, and give the tour introduction and conclusion.
- I have a conversational tone with guest and make the theme relevant to their interest. (stories, analogies, humor, colorful transitions, be able to identify mountains, universal themes… Thrill, educate and excite, People, Trees, Places.
Other thoughts for success:
1. Actually care about your job, your participants, your co-guides, managers, and the success and image of the company.
2. Seek mastery. Ask yourself what you are doing well and what you can do to improve every day.
3. Love your job. Make it enjoyable. Choose to enjoy it.
4. Try to be detailed oriented and think ahead.
5. Get to know co-workers.
6. Remember names and use them often.
7. Be proactive. Address things you aren’t comfortable with, problem solve, consider what you can do to improve your situation and take action.