1. Being so incredibly busy for the last few days that I didn’t even have time to check in here or get my hair cut.
2. Running into a friend in the supermarket and getting a ride home with the groceries
3. Finding some beautiful paper lanterns to adorn our house on Halloween night to replace the pumpkin that was stolen.
4. Having a fairly successful Halloween with my diabetic teen. First year we didn’t end up in the hospital with DKA. Yay!!
5. Having Dr. V prescribe a new, better insulin for Andie.
6. Turning off the phone entirely so we can have some peace and quiet.
7. Getting our emergency snack boxes set up with everything inside neatly packaged and labelled.
8. Getting a chance to stock up on lots of fresh veggies.
9. Discovering that the Veggie Delight sandwich at Subway is delicious (and has only 230 calories) for those days when we get caught at the mall right before meal time.
10. Tim Horton’s.
11. Being told for the one-millionth time that Andie and I look like twins.
12. Having our digital camera back.
13. Picking up my book from McMaster that I’d ordered a month ago.
Susana's Life List
1. be a good mother
2. Drink more water
3. Play with my food
4. Chew my food at least 30 times
5. Walk Everyday
6. read every book I own
7. be more confident in myself
8. feel beautiful
9. improve my spanish
10. keep working out
11. Hike the Bruce Trail
12. destroy my debt
13. Fix my teeth
14. have a flat stomach
15. be more outgoing
16. spend more time outside
17. learn to dance
18. be more understanding
19. get a six pack
20. Sell My House
21. Blog every day
I was grateful for:
1. Sunday with my entire family (well, it’s only five people).
2. Going shopping with my mom and my daughter.
3. My new denim jacket, a present from my mom.
4. My camera.
5. My dad’s collection of big band music.
Today I’m grateful for:
1. My pretend extended family made up of best friends and their children.
2. A chance to catch a nap in the afternoon.
3. Dinner with friends and family.
4. My daughter’s baking.
5. My brother lavishing time, affection and resources on my kid.