The list as of 7/19/09:
1. Perform a mid-year review of my 2009 goals and see where I am at, adjust accordingly This one will be self-eliminated in a day or so
2. Gain 43 cheers in support of the house I want to buy Currently at 40 cheers. I could hang onto it until we get the house, but I think I will retire this goal to properly honor the 43 people who helped me achieve it.
3. Buy a house in the spring (now summer) of 2009 Keep as is
4. Live an economically, socially, spiritually and environmentally responsible life for 2009 Keep as is
5. wish epiphany_7 an awesome birthday on August 1st! Keep as is
6. Maintain my weight by attention to diet and weigh-ins I’ve basically accomplished this goal. I am going to adapt it to be more specific. Make definate goals and timelines and means to achieve the goals. Use the “currently challenging myself” option more.
7. Exercise daily Again, too vague. But what did I expect, sharing a goal with 1,894 people? Let’s just rework this one to deal with specific exercise goals, like get my miles/hour rate up, or concentrate on abs for a month, or do yoga 12 times this month.
8. Do 10 handstand pushups Keep as is, but be more accountable
9. Improve my position at my job Again, more specific. Monthly goals to reach specific ends, but with this broader goal guiding those choices.
10. Learn 43 phrases of Spanish slang Keep as is, just update.
11. Finish my multi-lingual food and kitchen vocabulary Keep as is, just update.
12. Plan and execute my various gardens Keep as is, just update.
13. Make more foods from scratch Be more specific. Choose particular projects every month. Work on several breads one month, jams one month, dressings and mayos…
14. Spend 10 minutes everyday practicing LOARevise this to more closely match the goals I see on other sites that basically say “Find and record 5 things I am grateful for every day”. I think the “record” part is the key. Spend 10 minutes practicing LOA and then record what I actually did and how I felt it worked.
15. Get into a daily habit of practicing NOWAgain too broad. What does it actually mean? How do I define what I am actually doing to reach this goal? Revise to be more accountable, such as, “What can I do today to reach the goals on my NOW list?”... or something like that.
16. Take two weeks vacation Keep as is
17. Go to one of my 16 places (preferrably Costa Rica) for vacation Remove this goal for now. I can renew it later, but this isn’t going to happen this year, I am certain. The house, the job, the economy… now is just not the right time for working on this goal. But I can always bring it back in a few months.
18. Go to Dragon.Con 2009 Keep as is, start thinking about costumes.
19. Meditate to raise my kundalini energy Keep as is, but update to be more specific. Make a plan to raise each chakra of energy during specific time frames. Stay flexible, but be accountable.
20. Attend meditation at the Shambala Center 24 times Keep as is, but get back on track, going more often if necessary. I find going to the center to be very helpful and refreshing, and I want to keep it up.
21. Get a massage at least once a month Keep as is
22. Fast one day a month to acknowledge others who are in need Keep as is. Take it very seriously. Try and get others to adopt it as well.
23. Reorganize my personal chef business Keep as is, just wait until we move and get settled, then proceed full bore.
24. Hand out one business card a day Keep as is, see above.
25. Start a tarot meetup group Keep as is, see above.
26. Keep a tarot journal Retire this, been doing this regularly enough to have met the goal.
27. Learn more about astrology and other forms of divination Get more specific. “This month I want to learn about…”
28. Mark and celebrate every full moon this year I actually have been doing this, just need to update my entries
29. Learn poi Keep as is, be more accountable.
30. Attend 10 Meetups this year Keep as is
31. Make my life more important that my job Keep as is, offer more entries
32. Make wild, passionate, crazy love Keep as is, offer way more entries ;)
33. Visit a nude resort Keep as is, but let’s set some deadlines
34. Read everyday Be more specific. “This month read… Read (insert book title) within two weeks…
35. Progressively clean sweep my immediate environment Keep as is, almost achieved
36. Publish via lulu.com Be more specific and accountable.
37. Make birthday cards and gifts for everyone on my list Remove from list. This didn’t work out. I wasn’t properly organized or motivated. Replace this with a new goal: Create 43 works of art inspired by other 43Thingers.
38. Add 43 photos to my flickr page Keep as it, just start doing it, dammit.
39. Be able to sit in a true lotus pose for at least 30 minutes Keep as is.