Imagine yourself out on the blue sea, endless in magnitude, incomparable in magnificence. You’re one with nature. The wind is your power, the water is your domain. Grab a hold of that wind and let it pull you wherever it may lead you.
Steady as she goes.
You just gotta get off your ass and do stuff. That’s what I did. Find things that make you happy. Rock Climbing. Rugby. Football. Running. Tai Chi. All things I* enjoy, but what about you? What sorta stuff do you like to do? It has to require movement. There is no other way around it. Dieting is not healthy. Lifestyle change however is. Move more, eat less. Don’t starve, that will work in the opposite way. Even better, eat less more often. Eat half of what you feel like eating, 4 times a day.Find a buddy as well, this helps a lot. Encourage them to go with you to the gym, the court yard, the pitch, the rocks. Have them encourage you as well. Some days you just don’t feel motivated. The more you get used to it, the less that will happen. Don’t give yourself the option of doing something active. It’s non negotiable. Even just taking walks will do the trick eventually.
- Take the stairs, not the elevator.
- Park in the middle of the parking lot.
- If you can, sell your car and walk everywhere. (or at least don’t drive it)
- Drink lots of water, no sodas and crap like that.
- Laugh :D
- Wrestle with your friends.
- Skip when you’re happy.
- Run ahead of your friends on walks and come back.
- Swimming is great too! I can imagine that there’s a bunch of extra stress on people who are trying to lose weight.
- Don’t weight yourself.
- Trust yourself to keep your goals. Take dance.
Most importantly, you have to want it. No one can provide the motivation for you, people can only help you if you already have it there.
Good luck to you guys!
What do you actually accomplish by watching TV that you can’t elsewhere? Education? No, go read a book. Entertainment? No, make some friends and go hang out.
I used to be a victim of TV, but well, so was the family I was staying with. It’s near pathetic to be frank. So lets all just agree to get up and go!
Got to get out there enjoy life!