Got an A in my class. :) 98% was my overall grade!
ZophiaKavanagh's Life List
1. Learn to cook
2. learn italian
3. Learn Spanish
4. Learn Japanese
5. learn french
6. learn Russian
7. complete the a-z book challenge
8. change my name
9. Do my part to help legalize gay marriage
10. promote healthy atheism
11. Read the Sookie Stackhouse Books
12. Try my best to get an "A" in World Civilizations
13. Try my best to get an "A" in Personal Wellness
14. learn to crochet
I bought about 7 books on Italian language, grammar, and vocabulary. But I’m waiting to get started on this until the fall semester because my current summer class covers a LOT of material in just little over a month and has been taking up a lot of my time. (I feel quite swamped sometimes).
I also plan on using Italian foreign films via Netflix so I can get a feel for the accent, and might look for a class somewhere in my area, but I’m really doubting there is one.
I don’t want to mark this done yet in case I think of other things that need to be included. Suggestions are welcomed! :)
This is my own set of values. It has not been created to be imposed upon anyone else but to guide my own life. Others should be the authors of their own beliefs.
Most of these rules are flexible. Sometimes it is more moral to lie, for example, like when harboring Jews from Nazis. So most of the following are not strict guidelines and need to be combined with thought to make the correct choice.
In no particular order:
1. Be honest in both word and deed. Do not lie for selfish reasons, and do not exploit other people in business or pleasure. A promise is a contract. Follow through.
2. Do not be violent towards other people. This includes murder, assault, and any other form of physical harm with intent, unless used in self-defense.
3. Show others kindness and respect. You don’t have to respect their ideas, beliefs, positions, or words, but you should never tear someone down with insults, whether they are present or not (word could very well get back to them). That is psychological violence and can cause lasting harm. You cannot call someone stupid without being a hypocrite. No one knows everything and at one point you yourself did not know what you are ridiculing that person for. Everyone has physical and personality flaws. You cannot point these out with ridicule without being a hypocrite.
4. Do not cheat on your partner without consent or help another person cheat on their partner without the consent of their spouse. Do not have sex with any individual without true consent. Do not pressure anyone into sexual activity.
5. Do not steal or borrow without asking. Treat others’ posessions with care. If you accidentally damage something that belongs to someone else, always offer restitution of some form.
6. Show animals proper respect, even food animals. Humans are omnivores so that is natural, but mistreating “prey” is not the proper behavior toward something that is giving its life up for you. (Organic and free-range are my friends from now on, I suppose!)
7. Limit waste and consumption to respectable levels. Recycle. Be a good steward of the environment.
8. Value yourself and your accomplishments but never stop improving upon yourself. Aim to be the best version of yourself possible.
9. Work for positive change in the world.
10. Take your responsibilities and duties seriously and complete them in a timely manner.
11. If you break a rule, make restitution and do better next time.