Actually got a white ink tattoo on the inside of my right wrist to remind myself to do this!
allysoon's Life List
1. find my joy again
2. Start to write again
3. Write out a vision for my life for a year from now.
4. be present
5. play the cello
6. visit 10 new places in my city
7. Relax and not be so uptight
8. identify 100 things that make me happy (besides money)
9. cultivate awesome friendships
10. Learn to play the guitar
11. have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and to try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language
I’ve tried to treat each day like it’s the only one that will ever exist for me. The problems of tomorrow stay in the future, so I don’t worry about them. The past still has an effect on me, but not as much, because it’s over and done with. The only problem is when I need to do something that requires work over several days – that’s definitely one thing I’ve always needed to improve on.
I’m so tired of moaning with my girlfriends about being lonely, wishing we were in relationships. One of my closest friends told me that she even wished she were in a bad relationship, because at least then she’d be feeling something other than alone.
Sometimes I think we forget that we come into this world with only a familial relationship, not a romantic one. And that “single” is most likely our default setting as human beings.
I’m trying to work on being okay with this. It’ll be a bumpy ride, I think :P