It’s almost been two years since I’ve done 43Things; life kind of got in the way, in the chaotic way it can.
That said, I feel like I’ve really grown and gained a lot of headway in this particular goal.
- I did quit my dead-end job, only to land into another dead-end job that didn’t offer the potential I had been told it would. In turn with that discovery? I quit the second dead-end job and landed work at the management level with higher pay, better hours, but most of all I finally have had the experience of working with business owners and other coworkers that actually value what I’ve had to bring to the table, and I’ve learned so much from where I am right now that I wouldn’t trade it for anything – even though now the company I’m currently with is dealing with financial setbacks and may eventually fold. What I’ve learned and gained in my current position has been priceless.
- My living space is not what I had originally envisioned; but I’m comfortable, and I have the best roommate now that has become one of my closest and dearest friends. I lived by myself for almost 8 months after my ex left, and while that was a good experience, I really do enjoy the situation I’m in now.
- Fitness and nutrition-wise; since my last post almost 2 years ago, I’ve dropped 60 pounds and 4 dress sizes. There’s more work to be done on this, but it’s a work in progress, and I’m glad of the accomplishment that’s happened so far.
- Putting me first and not last proved to be very eye-opening, and it led to the breakup with my ex in more than a small way. I learned a lot about my own needs, and also I learned about how selfish my ex was in wanting all of my free time and expecting me not to be my own individual with my own ideas.
- Cutting the people out of my life that are negative; I’ve let a lot of people go. Some of them are still trying to get back into my life, and I’m not letting them. It’s caused some tension on occasion, but on the whole, I feel so much better without those kinds of people pulling me down.
- I have more time now for the people that matter, like my best friend, my other select few good friends and my roommate, and my mentors; all of them positive forces that push me to do more and be better. I’m so glad to have all of them.