GG and I lying in the walkway in front of our house, making out in the spring sunshine.
I could write more on this, or more on this day but, in reality, this was a crazy, romantic, drop-the-mic moment on a par with when we kissed in the pouring rain in the parking lot at college.
20 years into a relationship, you have to stand back in amazement at those moments when the passion flares as hot as in the early days.
My god, I love my husband.
for my birthday.
Very pretty. Comfortable – which is nice but maybe not exactly what I want for clothes of this nature?
I’m half way to dead – if I’m lucky – and I need to check things off. I’m going to for reals address this and start planning.
Left change in the break room by the vending machines.
Used the sales credit – got a cute tank sweater, a work type shirt, and a fancy pink nightgown which is perfect for wearing around the house on hot summer days.
Because I just gave out 140 cheers and my total is just barely above a month ago.
Total cheers given: 37651
Total cheers received: 35898
Does anyone know what happened? I’m stuck and work and feeling crappy but since I’m the boss, there’s only so long I can hide away from my desk. So I thought I’d check in – at least review the goal section and imagine my surprise… there are only 41977 active accounts! I assumed at the rate it was growing last time we’d be around 200,000!
Nice work someone!
So I went to the girl at the salon and asked her what am I supposed to be doing about my shiny skin with my foundation? She told me I needed powder which when she said that I was like, Duh! Like I’ve never watched What Not to Wear and Carmindy?
Yeah, I completely forgot about that. So,because I’m now a fabulous and empowered person, I just asked what I was supposed to be doing and bought the product and it’s great.
So then I started with eyeliner, which is still a challenge to the less than dexterous. But, again, I tried it out for couple days, and then I showed Bonny what I was doing and she told me what I should be doing and now it’s looking a lot better.
Now if I could just really work out lipstick…
With the embezzlement. The stress of that totally threw me for a loop. Anyway we managed that, to a point, although I definitely learned some things about dealing with lawyers… And the FBI.
I wanted to wait to call this closed until I did all the year-end reviews, which I’ve done now. And boy, did those take forever… Even worse than report cards for first-graders with anxious parents.
So I learned my lesson about getting that done faster, earlier, something.
So it’s really my company now. Crazy.
Total cheers given: 37619
Total cheers received: 35767
I wrote the robots last week and actually got a response, though a not very helpful one.
My email -
On Feb 02, 2014, 43 Things wrote:
> From: Waterfall Nymph – 33 things
Everyone says you’re gone but some of us are really worried about the site and the spammers. I’m spending time every day on neighborhood watch but the number just goes up beyond what we can do on neighborhood watch.
The “daily entries” goal has been taken down but there are still 15000 people using it.
Isn’t there some way we can deal with this? Please help us. Please!
Her response –
We’re trying to keep on top of it… unfortunately we are quite understaffed at the moment.
1. The final piece of absolutely damning evidence.
2. GG being so supportive and affirming what the strong part of me knows I should do even when the weaker parts of me are quavering.
3. Watching Face Off in my little room. Our consultant doesn’t like the idea of the little onsite room but I think he just can’t understand it. I may only be 30 steps from my office but it’s a whole other world.
1. I really really really really really really really forced myself to make difficult phone calls first. So hard to do but it paid off by getting things done by the end of the day.
2. Got enough evidence to really prove to myself that we are being stolen from. If I believe it, I can move forward.
But seriously, I’m having a damn hard time as president. Could we not have any major drama for at least three weeks? That would be great.
3. Had a really good dinner out with my uncle. Talking about being embezzled from is giving us a good conversation to have and positive shared experiences. Doesn’t seem to be cost-effective though.
1. I managed to get the information I needed out of people in a way that they didn’t know what I was asking them. There are so many skills you need to be president that are really hard to acquire until you need them.
2. I really liked the new HR girl interviewed. She seemed like a really great person to have join us. I like smart and enthusiastic.
3. The dinner I was kind of dreading with our software consultants was actually pretty fun. Clearly gaining massive social skill points these days. Two years ago I could not imagine having dinner with two complete strangers and having fun. Plus also delicious, stuffed chicken breast. O, the cheese!
1. Rain! Real rain! Actual rain with puddles and everything! We got an inch for the whole day which is more than we’ve had since last winter. Just keep it coming and maybe we won’t all die this summer!
2. The chum and I spent a bunch of time sorting and organizing Lego mini figs. It’s funny how he knows exactly which face goes to which guy. They all just look like angry guys with eyebrows to me.
3. Another evening or really needed GG’s support to get me through the stress and again he was amazing. I love my husband so fucking much.
1. Furry Burry day! The chum and I spent most of it in pajamas, as is the traditional way of celebrating. And it was nice and cold so it made sense to do that.
2. The chum and I biked to town and got ice cream at the new liquid nitrogen ice cream place. It’s totally not as good as Mimi’s but the chum really wanted to go. And it was an amazing day to be out on our bikes. He did 10 1/2 miles and seemed to have energy at the end. And is excited for the Fondo in October which is 30. I’m looking forward to that too.
3. The super cuddly movie night with pajamas and a warm fire and all.
I thought I was more caught up on this. Oh well.
1. Everyone can come to the chums sleepover. It’s going to be a lot of fun.
2. My piano lesson went really well. I should really get a keyboard for LA, as soon as I can find a person to delegate that to.
3. My husband, as always. I don’t think I’d be able to get through all these changes without him. I mean, I know I wouldn’t.
3 pounds. Goal for February will be 4 also.