1. Breakfast at Howard’s for the chum’s restaurant review. He ate a lot of my breakfast though as well as his own. Hey!
2. Got the Christmas decorations out from under the stairs and GG got some lights up. Getting there!
3. Hated Jubilee at school. So cliquey. But… I felt great and confident in my outfit and the hors d’oeuvres were delicious.
1. Got up in time to see the chum off to school with mom. I like sleeping in but I was missing the goodbyes.
2. Worked on Christmas carols during piano lesson. I’m looking forward to some fun playing.
3. Rain! Super hard in the evening. Plus being really cold. Finally! Winter!
I don’t think I’d seen this one before. It’s funny to watch these with the chum because he only follows about half of the plot and trying to keep him up makes me aware that either I’m only following 80% of the plot or there is only 80% of a plot there. With the Marx Brothers, it’s hard to know.
I liked the villianess a lot. She held her own against Groucho. Can’t think what the young lovers were doing in the movie. Every time they’d show up, I wondered who they were for a second.
Not the best Marc Brothers, but definitely not the worst.
Ronald Kornblow: Call me Montgomery.
Beatrice Rheiner: Is that your name?
Ronald Kornblow: No. I’m just breaking it in for a friend.
Thought the chum might enjoy this one since he’s been reading Percy Jackson books. Plus boy hero.
It’s good and all but Hercules is so underdeveloped and there is zero connection between him and the love interest. I had a hard time getting why he’s willing to sacrifice so much for someone he doesn’t know at all who is actually a villain for a lot of the movie. I guess it really IS the mirror image of a princess movie! Why do all these Disney characters love someone with the overwhelming love of the ages after speaking like 10 words to them? At least Belle gets to know the beast!
The CG hydra was very grating in a hand drawn world! And the liberties with the myths! Ugh! I guess I can pick this thing to pieces but it still had more to it than, say, 101 Dalmatians.
“Will you forget the head-slicing thing?”
Better than I thought. There’s such a cult around this movie I was prepared to dislike it but I couldn’t.
Funny, exciting, and sweet. The orphaned girls were good for not being stereotypical girls. And the minions, as I expected, stole the show.
“The physical appearance of the please makes no difference.”
I fully expect to get no cheers on this.
It’s been a long time since I saw this and it left me underwhelmed. The visuals are interesting and the underlying story continues to be good but a lot of this is just not so great. The “If I only had a…” songs felt long and a lot of the scenes did too.
Not a lot of immediacy? I’m not saying it isn’t a classic but I didn’t really enjoy watching a lot of it. Maybe because I just know it too well. Bring on the kalidahs!
“Oh, she bit her dog, eh?”
If you look at the most popular goals today on zeitgeist, 12 of the top 20 are spam goals.
There are 49,000 flagged users in neighborhood watch.
So if you have just 5 minutes to check some out, it would help! I’d hate this site to really go under because of this.
1. I really do like working with my management team. They’re really pretty much all enthusiastic and positive people.
2. Left the house! Went to pick the chum up at school. And got raviolis for dinner.
3. Worked on sorting and organizing my work inbox. Down to 275 messages!
1. Deciding NOT to go in to work at all this week. Don’t think my system could handle the early flight. And then, in the spirit of responsible presidency, scheduled calls with all my managers for status updates.
2. Felt pretty human today. Still super tired. But I even did the dishes and made cookies.
3. The chum wanted to do ixl (for a change!) and we had some hilarious times doing the one about which unit of measure is appropriate. How long is your bathtub: 4 feet or 4 miles? Oh, the humor!
1. Got the looming work things that I spent a lot of time yesterday not thinking about done. Phew. I may be getting a little bit better about procrastination. That’s a REALLY big maybe.
2. The chum chose to do the regular and the challenge homework.
3. Lost a little weight from the cold. Yay!
1. Fever broke around 2am. Without sweat too!
2. Tea in bed
3. Well enough to lie on the ground and play the chum’s new board game that he spent all Sunday afternoon creating, Dogs vs Cats. Pretty cute. Especially since instead of making firing noises we make small “woof woofs” to show attacks.
1. Advent calendars and ornaments! 1st day of December!
2. I got my much needed hair appointment in before the worst of the fever hit. My roots were out of control. Hope I didn’t infect the stylist!
3. GG went out and got me orange juice. I’m such a good mom that I read the boy a chapter of his book even with a fever.
1. The chum called up my mom on his own and asked her if she’d like to take a morning walk. They took off and ended up going for a burrito too. Nice of him. She needed it.
2. We got the chum’s wardrobe all set up and figured out a way to get my new desk AND the book shelves in the library.
3. Movie night!
1. No hangover! Well, just a small headache. It’s a Thanksgiving miracle!
2. Ari spent most of the day with the chum. The chum actually uses the outside and the land when he has a friend over. Must continue to have friends over!
3. Even though I was feeling the beginning of the cold coming on and I didn’t want to spend any time with my revolting cousin, I went out with GG and the chum to watch Frozen. Glad I did because it was quite good.
1. My sweater dress that I haven’t worn before looked great and worked for the dinner. Thanks spanx!
2. Managed to avoid any unpleasant conversations with anyone. Not all uncomfortable moments, but…
3. Post-Thanksgiving drunken revelry with the husband.
A classic that no one in this house had ever read. It’s deserving of its status.
As the chum said, “I don’t mind a book with a lot of morals when it’s funny.”
And it’s making me think a lot about the Trivium.
1. Yay! A quiet morning with no school to rush to.
2. Outside chores. I like weed whacking especially this late when there are no snakes. Beautiful, frighteningly warm day.
3. Watched Mission Impossible with the chum and GG – the TV show, not the movie. I’d never seen it and the chum was enthralled. The chum is all about 60’s era action dramas, apparently.
1. The feared drama did not materialize though there was noticeable glowering and moping.
2. Super good busy productive day.
3. Even though the airport was crazy busy, the lounge was quiet and not too full and the plane was on time.
1. Not more exhausted then usual in LA, even with the later night at the show.
2. Got in a ride on the trainer. Having a show I want to to watch really helps.
3. Talking through potential drama with GG. Such a good ally.
1. Any time the chum is away and GG and I get to have a lazy morning to ourselves is a nice treat.
2. The chum was in a good mood after his late night and early morning.
3. Super fun time at Cirque du Soleil. Splurging on the good seat was definitely worth it. So magical and wonderful. The chum was delighted throughout. A great show.