Total cheers given: 37619
Total cheers received: 35767
Total cheers given: 37619
Total cheers received: 35767
I wrote the robots last week and actually got a response, though a not very helpful one.
My email -
On Feb 02, 2014, 43 Things wrote:
> From: Waterfall Nymph – 33 things
Everyone says you’re gone but some of us are really worried about the site and the spammers. I’m spending time every day on neighborhood watch but the number just goes up beyond what we can do on neighborhood watch.
The “daily entries” goal has been taken down but there are still 15000 people using it.
Isn’t there some way we can deal with this? Please help us. Please!
Her response –
We’re trying to keep on top of it… unfortunately we are quite understaffed at the moment.
1. The final piece of absolutely damning evidence.
2. GG being so supportive and affirming what the strong part of me knows I should do even when the weaker parts of me are quavering.
3. Watching Face Off in my little room. Our consultant doesn’t like the idea of the little onsite room but I think he just can’t understand it. I may only be 30 steps from my office but it’s a whole other world.
1. I really really really really really really really forced myself to make difficult phone calls first. So hard to do but it paid off by getting things done by the end of the day.
2. Got enough evidence to really prove to myself that we are being stolen from. If I believe it, I can move forward.
But seriously, I’m having a damn hard time as president. Could we not have any major drama for at least three weeks? That would be great.
3. Had a really good dinner out with my uncle. Talking about being embezzled from is giving us a good conversation to have and positive shared experiences. Doesn’t seem to be cost-effective though.
1. I managed to get the information I needed out of people in a way that they didn’t know what I was asking them. There are so many skills you need to be president that are really hard to acquire until you need them.
2. I really liked the new HR girl interviewed. She seemed like a really great person to have join us. I like smart and enthusiastic.
3. The dinner I was kind of dreading with our software consultants was actually pretty fun. Clearly gaining massive social skill points these days. Two years ago I could not imagine having dinner with two complete strangers and having fun. Plus also delicious, stuffed chicken breast. O, the cheese!
1. Rain! Real rain! Actual rain with puddles and everything! We got an inch for the whole day which is more than we’ve had since last winter. Just keep it coming and maybe we won’t all die this summer!
2. The chum and I spent a bunch of time sorting and organizing Lego mini figs. It’s funny how he knows exactly which face goes to which guy. They all just look like angry guys with eyebrows to me.
3. Another evening or really needed GG’s support to get me through the stress and again he was amazing. I love my husband so fucking much.
1. Furry Burry day! The chum and I spent most of it in pajamas, as is the traditional way of celebrating. And it was nice and cold so it made sense to do that.
2. The chum and I biked to town and got ice cream at the new liquid nitrogen ice cream place. It’s totally not as good as Mimi’s but the chum really wanted to go. And it was an amazing day to be out on our bikes. He did 10 1/2 miles and seemed to have energy at the end. And is excited for the Fondo in October which is 30. I’m looking forward to that too.
3. The super cuddly movie night with pajamas and a warm fire and all.
I thought I was more caught up on this. Oh well.
1. Everyone can come to the chums sleepover. It’s going to be a lot of fun.
2. My piano lesson went really well. I should really get a keyboard for LA, as soon as I can find a person to delegate that to.
3. My husband, as always. I don’t think I’d be able to get through all these changes without him. I mean, I know I wouldn’t.
3 pounds. Goal for February will be 4 also.
1. Another motivation free day. Fun timewaster that passed as work – deleting emails of our former employee. She was an email hoarder and had over 80,000. It’s fun to read the history of things in that day to day way.
2. Lunch and cocktails (giving up all pretense that work was going to get done today) with GG. And special adult time.
3. GG said to me, as we were walking home, “You know, we have a pretty good life.” We really do and it’s amazing and wonderful to hear him talking positively like that.
4. The chum and his salt scrub shower. He kept calling me in for salt scrub tips and he smells really good now.
1. I had a zero motivation day with kind of a fighting off a germ feeling. The good of that was that I made myself get things done anyway and when I really hit the wall, I just did file digging – which is almost done.
2. There was a tiny bit of rain. It smelled so good. I miss rain SO MUCH.
3. Having a good talk lying in bed with GG. We’ve gotten closer again recently, it seems. That’s very nice.
What do clowns eat at the fair?Carne-y asada.
One of the reasons I committed to this higher level of work and this high powered job and all was to travel. And it’s not that I feel like I’m under the gun but at the same time, I need, for my own piece of mind, to have some way fun to compensate for the time I’m not home.
So I’ve planned 2 at this time.
GG is traveling to the Galapagos at the end of February and part of that overlaps with the time the chum has off from school for ski week or whatever they call it. I have to go to work so I’m taking the chum with me for a day at work and then we’ll have a crazy Southern California long weekend together.
We’re going to hit Legoland for probably 2 days (there was a deal for 2 days for the price of one) and stay at the new Legoland hotel. I’m looking forward to the craziness that is the Legoland hotel. Will probably bring my own alcohol too. Then we’ll go to the Wild Animal Park (the chum hasn’t been and I love that park). Then we’ll head back to LA – spend the night at work and do a huge day at Disneyland for my birthday. It’s supposed to be a very low attendance day since it’s a non-holiday adjacent Monday and the chum has never yet had the experience of Disneyland when you can just go on rides over and over with no wait. I’m hoping we can do that because that experience is my defining Disney memories.
I’ve booked the air and the Legoland so this is set.
April. We’re using the mileage points I get from all the travel and flying to Maui for about 250 dollars for all 3 of us. We’re going to do the resort thing which I know will cost us a lot but I think as a solo kid will be more fun for the chum (kids to play with) and us (the chum not asking us to fill all of his time). Beaches and snorkeling. I have wanted a beach vacation for so many years. I’m so psyched.
1. Everything went very smoothly with my uncle’s first day back at work. He’s not the type to cause a lot of drama but I was concerned about the possibilities for misunderstanding about both of our changed roles. So far, so good.
2. Had a bunch of fun poking around on the G drive. And I only appear to have screwed up life for two people so far. Yay and oops. Will be more careful.
3. Started a new season of Face Off on the trainer. Looks like there’s way more talent than the last season.
1. Finally figured out what I’m doing with the chum while GG is away. Mostly. And got a spring break trip planned to Hawaii. So fun! Finally a trip to someplace warm!
2. Walking to the warehouse in the middle of the day seems like it’s getting a little bit easier. It was today anyway.
3. Nice talk with the Chum at his bedtime. Sometimes he’s super unfocused sometimes he’s just really negative but today he was perky and funny. It makes me feel better about not being there when I feel like I can connect with him.
1. Got packed early for once, well, clothes anyway, and the chum didn’t give me drama while I was doing it.
2. The chum got all his chores and homework done so we got to go out and have fun. Scandia and mini-golf. It was too packed to play DDR though. Alas.
3. GG kept me up way too late being silly and stuff.
1. GG took the chum to fencing so I got to get some things done and also lay around getting nothing done, both of which were nice.
2. The chum and I went to Honeymoon Yogurt and sat outside in the warm day watching everybody go by and eating out yogurt.
3. The chum started a journal which is very funny. It’s inspired by Tom Gates mostly. The sketches are very cute and he writes mostly silly things that his parents said and what time he gets up in the morning.
Stupid phone app quit the goal on me. But I’ve done that 1 million times before so I know how to re-add it. That’s the one disadvantage of doing this on the phone. The advantage is voice to text which makes mass updates easier. I am very slack.
1. Felt kind of sick so had a super lazy day lying in bed and so forth. So delightful.
2. We all watched Justice League , the first three-parter,and it was awesome. It always makes us cry because we are tragic nerds apparently.
3. GG and I had a really good talk after the chum was in bed.
1. The chum stayed home sick which was bad for my productivity but it was nice to have him around. And he did amuse himself, well sort of – for the chum he amused himself.
2. We managed to soak Flash’s paw like the vet said to and neither of us was horribly mauled. He actually tolerated it very well especially when you consider that he is a fearsome jungle cat.
3. My dad was stressing me out and I wrote a really good email about it and he seems to have heard what I was saying. It would be even better if I thought he wasn’t going to forget it immediately but you can’t have everything.
1. Had one of those zero motivation days but made myself get a lot done anyway. And then I rewarded myself by editing email scripts. Oh, the lengths to which I have sunk.
2. When I got to the airport it was strangely foggy just in the immediate area of the airport. It looked like someone had hundreds of fog machines blowing from the other side of the terminal. Super cool.
3. Got home and was delighted to find that GG had shaved his beard. One million hurrays!