Just be yourself.
You are wonderful.
carabou's Life List
1. Read all the books I've bought but haven't read yet.
2. declutter my life
3. Choose my own direction. And however much I may wobble in reaction to others, keep my direction steady.
4. train my dog to be a therapy dog
5. sell things on etsy
6. learn how to play chess
7. be a more conscious consumer
8. befriend the monsters under the bed
9. Do 100 consecutive push ups
10. track my magic 8 ball predictions
11. drive an electric car
12. Visit a museum once a month
13. Organize my papers
14. remodel my house
15. run my own ARG
16. Give clothes that don't fit to charity
17. clean out the garage
18. learn to read lips
How I did it: Building the coop was the hardest part, but my adorable partner made me one for my birthday. Next was making a fence to keep the dogs away from my fuzzy fluffies (lost several to an over-eager Chuy ... made me sad). The next easiest was getting my girls ... I got two from my sister, two from local feed store, two from craigslist, and a lot of guinea hens from a mail order -- had to find homes for all but three. I buy organic feed (Coyote … Read how I did it…
Just be yourself.
Predictions of the moment:
-weed the garden
actually, something I need to do. But always an ongoing project since I practice a vague sort of permaculture
-go out with friends more (see August 6)
- actually sell something on eBay (see August 7)
- go to burning man (see August 7)
- Landscape my house
a cool goal! Most people landscape their yard. If I can’t have a corn-cob parking garage, maybe live in an urban cactus? http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2007/06/this_is_the_urb.html
My predictions for the moment:
(I like this one, but I would interpret “recover” as “recover my couch with blue astroturf and rubber duckies”, and I think the near & dear might not like that)
- start and finish one creative project every month
(another good one. ambiguous. but I’m committed to the Daring Bakers and going to a museum every month, so that’s creative enough for me for the time being)
- actually sell something on eBay
(did done already. And half.com and craigslist. But not etsy. Yet.)
- go to burning man
(nope. not a goal. maybe “go back in time to burning man in one of the first three years it existed” – but not the current incarnation. Did a muddy lollapalooza in the 90s. Does that count?)
- get comfortable going out by myself
(I’ve gone to foreign countries by myself. not a problem. but I’ve never gone out wearing a lucha libre mask – that may take some comfort-making skills)