Today I am very grateful for:
- Focus that enables me to ‘get the job done’.
- My efforts being appreciated.
- A pre-plated home cooked from dinner that night before that just needed microwaving. As convenient as fast food and sooo much better for me.
- My garden continuing to thrive :-)
Today I am super grateful for:
- A good run at the gym. I started off with 30 mins programmed in and at 25 mins I felt so good I upped the ante to 1 hour. Thank you little body for enjoying the momentum.
- Getting into a new routine. It always feels good to have rhythm to the day.
- The beauty of my little garden. I gave the herbs a trim the other day and the mint is taking off again nicely :-)
- An unexpected gift from T who returned from Bali. Looks like I’m starting a T shirt collection.
- The opportunity to help out and make someone’s life a little easier :-)
Today I am very grateful for:
- Getting up early and meditating.
- A great run at the gym and some good catch up conversations with gym buddies.
- The guy at the plumbing place who went the extra mile for me. Great customer service.
- That I am remembering people’s name more. I think my daily Brain Training is paying off.
- Being momentarily woken in the early hours of this morning by the sound of rain on the garden. Such a relief after a hot, scorching day. Thank you thank you.
Yes! Another day at home in my beautiful garden with no reason to go out and spend money.
Another day spent at home which means nothing got spent :-) It will be interesting to see what happens when I go back to work. I used to buy a coffee every day, but now I’m thinking I can actually resist the urge LOL
Today love and gratitude are present for:
- Glorious summer weather. So many days without sleeves! I love it :-)
- A day of rest and relaxation.
- A lovely lunch with LS. It was the first time they had come to my little unit and we had a lovely time.
- An enlightening, long VOIP call with T in Bali.
- Thoughts of a fountain for the front courtyard running through my head. It would be rather nice to be able to hear dancing water as you come onto the property :-)
Another pile of assorted linen for the good will. I am really paring things down a lot now. This must be the third time I have gone through the linen in the household and each time I seem to be able to let more and more go.
I aim to end up with only two sets of linen for each bed in the house. I’m getting there LOL
Brand new set of curtains from my late son’s possessions. They are quite nice and I’m sure they will make some new home makers happy. It’s good to think that some of his things will be able to be used by others. It makes me both sad and happy.
What can I say? There will be a lot more of this as I go through his things. Sigh.
I have been going through my late son’s things and his and my taste in music were definitely poles apart.
I’m sure someone will enjoy the type of music he used to listen to.
Today I celebrate being grateful for:
- This being my 1,000th entry! Woo hoo :-) How wonderful it is to be part of this community and have posted so many entries expressing gratitude, be cheered, messaged and constantly reminded by others through their posts that life is wonderful and there is always something to be grateful for.
- Lunch with S that lasted 4 hours. We had fun reconnecting.
- My new ‘Green Bin’ that allows me to get rid of up to 70kg of garden waste every two weeks. The best part is the council turn it into mulch and put it on the park lands in the area.
- A new foodie magazine coming in the mail. Yaaay! More delightfully delicious reading :-)
- The iPad game Hashi. I do this as part of my Brain Training and I am soooo hooked!
Linen cupboard time. T asked if I had any black pillow cases so I looked in the linen cupboard and for the life of me I can’t think why I would have kept a set of black linen. I find black so depressing on a bed. And what with cats and dogs that take advantage of the master being away ;-) black shows up pet hair like crazy.
I am very happy to let these go.
Gratefulness is present for:
- Another productive day in the garden. Pots re-potted, frangipanis replanted, foyer tiles cleaned. All good.
- The lovely cooler, overcast weather we are having that makes working in the garden so much more enjoyable.
- A nice long telephone call from my son in NSW. We had a lovely 45 min chat about house, home, pets, garden gates and living life.
- A delicious stir fry for dinner. Yum! All the good veggies :-)
- Music. Still listening to Frank Sinatra. Good crooners just keep crooning on.
I had this old garden broom that had been hanging around for years. Yesterday it was recycled as a ‘trailer broom’ when my friend came around to take the trailer they had lent me to the tip. I had put it on the top of the garden rubbish with the intention of throwing it away, but at the end of the emptying we used the broom to sweep the trailer and they said it was a good idea to leave it in the trailer for future sweepings.
I am really happy that it is being re-used.
I spent the whole day at home hard at work in the garden and yep, once again not going anywhere = not spending money.
This one was in it’s package, inherited from my late son and I have no use for it, however a friend came around yesterday and took a lot of my Edit 365 stuff with them which was great as I got to see it bringing joy, being useful or being recycled by someone else.
This bean bag chair and ottoman is going in their bedroom.