Gratefulness abounds for:
- The veggie garden still being intact after yesterday evening’s torrential rain. Thank you thank you.
- The fun of planning a surprise Christmas Dinner for a friend this weekend. Someone is going to feel very special :-)
- A new Soda Stream taste. Mix 1/2 Tonic Water with 1/2 plain water that has been gassed up. Add a slice of lemon. Just enough quinine to have a palate teaser but not be overpowering and fewer calories too :-)
- The beautiful green and serenity of my little garden. I’ve been planning a few changes to some things so there is gardening work ahead during the end of year break.
- My health and my lean and strong body. I love the feeling of being fit, strong and healthy and knowing that I am the best I can be for this time in my life.
Gratefulness is present for:
- My son in NSW was safe when the mini tornado ripped through his workplace. It overturned the demountable building they use as a lunch room. One of his workmates was pinned under a refridgerator and was taken to hospital. He is so very lucky that he had to sign on at a different work shed for his shift today. Infinite gratitude for this one.
- The project may run full term and we may not have a break. Thank you thank you, every day of work we get now makes it financially easier for the big break at the end of the year.
- RAIN and more rain. There was an immense storm while I was at work and I could only hope the veggie patch wasn’t damaged by the downpour. All is good :-) thank you thank you.
- The December edition of Delicious has arrived! Woo Hoo. Having fun making plans for Christmas dinner :-)
- For a new friend made at work. C and I share a naughty sense of humour and it’s really nice having another leprechaun in the office to play with.
Joyful gratefulness is present for:
- A fantastic night’s sleep and waking feeling rested and refreshed.
- More cucumbers from the garden. Enough to start giving some away!
- A new shirt at 25% off. How could I resist such a bargain? ;-)
- My PC/Windows friend finally bought an iPad! I had fun explaining WiFi and all the other technical stuff, but she will get there. It’s not easy when you are old and have resisted technology for so long. I believe next week she will be selling the horse and getting one of those new fangled automobiles :-) LOL
- Appreciating my new body. There was so much on the rack to choose from in my new smaller size. I remember the days when going to a sale was a waste of time because they never had anything left in the bigger sizes. I am so very grateful for the new ‘me’.
Today joy and thanks for:
- A good night’s sleep.
- Unfortunately the walking trip was cancelled due to the huge storms we have had all week, but I did have a wonderful day at home pottering around instead :-)
- A sensational salad for lunch. Blue vein cheese and walnut.. Yum
- A catch up call from my son in NSW. He and his partner have chosen their Rotti pup. A boy and they are calling him Yoda. Look out pussy cats, there’s a new kid coming to the block! LOL
- Putting up the length of pipe over the letter box so the postman can deliver my foodie magazines without damaging them.
Today I am so very grateful for:
- More rain overnight. I haven’t had to water the garden once this week, yaaay. :-)
- The amazing omelette I made for lunch. 1 egg plus two egg whites. Packed with protein and stuffed to the brim with healthy vegetables. :-) Yummo.
- That feeling of ‘good soreness’ you get after doing a good workout.
- My PC friend has decided to listen to my advice and buy an iPad. FINALLY… sanity reigns. Thank you thank you.
- Feeling excited about the bush walk tomorrow. Time to make new friends.
Today I am very grateful for:
- A parking space at the train station ;-)
- Awesome, awesome rain. Thank you thank you.
- A visit from The Buff One.
- The fantastic Christmas decorations that are in the city.
- This song Not Giving In
I’ve always had what is referred to as a ‘strong constitution’ and seldom go to the doctor outside of my yearly check up. It seems like ages since I had my blood work done so it must be time to check the old cholesterol, blood sugar, iron and other levels.
This one was a little $10 win. Just enough to pay for another ticket to win the Tuesday night jackpot LOL
After the last post, I told my PC friend that I will no longer work on their computer. They are now looking at getting a new computer and have asked me to look at some el cheapo obscure name table thingy on special at an Aldi store.
I told them they already knew my recommendation which was to get an iPad.
They then went on to say they would bring the Aldi brochure into work for me to look at.
My reply was “Sure, bring the brochure in and show it to the other people in the office and get their opinion. I’ve already given you my recommendation… get an iPad.”
Next step is to tell them that I refuse to be involved in helping them make a bad decision.
First day back at work and I am grateful for:
- A brilliant workout at the gym. Arms, arms, arms. LOL
- More rain today. Thank you thank you.
- Getting back together with the crew at work. It was fun catching up with everyone about what they did during the break.
- The lush greenness of my beautiful garden. There is so much good energy that comes from being surrounded by living things :-)
- A parking spot at the train station. Thank you thank you.
- A good chat with the guy in the supplements store.
- My new photo wall. Spot the odd one out ;-)
Gratefulness is present for:
- Getting some ‘around the home’ chores done. Fixed the fairy lights, replaced some micro jet sprinkler heads, swept and tidied the entrance courtyard and the entertainment area and mowed the lawn. It now looks inviting and beautiful. A job well done. :-)
- Eating the first ripe strawberry of the season. Suddenly I was 5 years old again and in my Dad’s strawberry patch. It tasted just like strawberries used to taste when I was a child.
- Introducing a friend to the world of Mac. They were astonished by how simple and beautiful everything is. I think they just may come over to the dark side. LOL
- A house filled with music. So good for the soul.
- Dinner at home with a friend. We ate outside in the fairyland of the garden lit with candles and garden lighting. It was magic.
Gratitude is present for:
- A fantastic treatment with J. OMG I felt so good afterwards I was bouncing off the walls :-)
- Being back on track and re-focused with my fitness goals. It feels good to have set the next milestone.
- Spending the afternoon bathing animals. Cats and water do not mix, but when you ‘peg’ the cat there is no resistance. Woo hoo I bathed the cat without a scratch :-) The cat was not amused!
- Amazing Hoisin Beef Burgers for dinner. WOW!!
- The November edition of Taste magazine arrived. Yaay, I’m in foodie heaven again :-)
Joy and gratitude are present for:
- A really good upper body workout at the gym. Those biceps and triceps are coming along great :-)
- Taking the second beef, spinach and ricotta pide to a friend’s for lunch before heading out to the movies together. Yum, it was delicious.
- A nice afternoon at the movies. Saw The Butler.
- No work this week unfortunately, but I have lots to do and am happy to be occupied at home :-)
- The great little icy pole makers I got from Ikea last week. They are just the right size for a cold summer refresher or healthy snack.
Gratefulness abounds for:
- A good night’s sleep.
- Having the Star Dogs for the next two weeks. Yaaaay!
- Going to the local Farmer’s Market and getting some lovely fresh veggies.
- Running some errands and feeling good about finishing things up.
- Picking up a Christmas present at a bargain price. Thank you thank you.
- An afternoon snooze on the day bed with the Star Dogs.
- The Beef, spinach and ricotta pide I made for dinner from the recipe in the Diabetic Living magazine. Gee they have good food :-)
- Finishing the day with my favourite TV show Elementary and being well and truly ready for bed.