I sometimes organise groups of people to go to theatre productions. The Lion King is coming to my home town and the theatre complex sent me a promotional DVD of the performance so I watched 30 mins of behind the scenes of The Lion King on computer, before going to bed. What an awesome production! I am now organising a group of 20 to go see it.
TED TV is the most inspirational TV out there. This talk is so uplifting.
Can you believe how they have made artificial limbs so much more fluid in movement? The dancer at the end is truly amazing.
I was at a workshop on Saturday and some of us were talking about how there is an awakening going on. The movie ‘Thrive’ was mentioned. It’s been a while since I watched this movie so I decided it was time to re-visit it last night. The world is indeed ‘waking up’.
I went to an all day seminar for my Life Coaching business today and was quite tired when I got home. It was nice to relax with some online viewing of choice. This is a wonderful TED TV talk by a man who was involved in a plane crash. It really helps to put life into perspective.
A fun, informative and relaxing day. I am grateful for:
- Finding my way successfully to the workshop. It was held in a great location and the venue was really nice.
- Listening to an inspiring story during the workshop. Some people have so much passion and energy.
- Making lots of new contacts and possible Life Coaching clients.
- A delicious mezze platter for lunch.
- A day without rain and the opportunity for my washing to dry. Thank you thank you.
The only thing my TV is turned on for now days. It was a great game. Fast and furious. My team 6th on the ladder won against the team that is first on the ladder :-) Yaaay! Go Broncos!
Today I am super grateful for:
- No work tomorrow. As much as money is nice, a whole two days for the weekend is nicer :-) It also makes my planned attendance at an all day workshop easier to accept as I don’t feel like I am missing a day of work and losing out.
- A parking space at the train station. Love your work Universe ;-)
- Another amazing torrential downpour of rain. I just made it into work before the heavens opened. Thank you thank you.
- Excitement about the workshop I am doing tomorrow called “Transition to work you love and meet like minded people.” It will be interesting.
- The latest foodie magazine that came in the mail. I have pawed over it from cover to cover. Yum! Lots of new things to try. I feel a Guinea Pig dinner coming on.
I watched another 2 episodes of Janet King last night. This is such a good Aussie drama that I just couldn’t resist watching a second episode before going to bed.
And what a brilliant ending to hook you into the next episode! The writers need to be congratulated. Great quality work.
All you could do at the end of episode 3 was think “Oh no!”
A friend asked if I was watching the ABC TV’s production called Janet King. They said that it was a great show. I went online this evening and watched the first episode.
They were right. What a fantastic production. At last a good strong performance, quality acting, good story line and an Aussie production to boot.
I will definitely be adding this to my limited “online TV viewing of choice.”
Today I was grateful, grateful, grateful for:
- A wonderful, deep, refreshing, uninterrupted sleep. Thank you thank you thank you.
- A car parking space at the entrance to the train station. As always the car park was full but for the one spot reserved by the Universe for me :-)
- A fantastic treatment with J. She actually went for 30 mins longer because she felt I needed it. Such a generous gift of her time.
- The wonderful opportunity to help someone new to the area with how to use the trains, what station to get off at and then walking them to their job interview. Such a nice young lass who was overwhelmed by trying to find her way in a big city. I remember so much what that is like. I felt exactly the same when I moved here 10 years ago. It was a nice feeling to help her out.
- Started watching a new ABC TV series online called Janet King. Really enjoyed the first episode.
I had an awful day on the 24th and today my body is paying for it. I am so tired. Took a small nap in the daytime, but was so washed out by the events of Monday morning that I was exhausted this evening. So, I listened to my body and put myself to bed early. No TV, no TED TV, no YouTube, no nothing :-) I didn’t even write in my journal.
Sometimes it’s good to just hit the covers and sleep it off.
Today was a good day. I am grateful for:
- Taking the day off work to attend the last two webinars of the first block of my Uni study. Yaaaay! All 14 units are now done and I can apply for my 36 hours of practical work.
- The Star Dogs coming for a visit. Love those little guys :-)
- The book I am reading by Pema Chodron. Very sagely words.
- A small afternoon nap.
- The delicious torrential downpours of rain that woke me up in the middle of the night. Three amazing downpours. The sound of the rain hitting the leaves of the heliconia plant outside the bedroom window made me think of jungle rains. I woke briefly each time and on one occasion I remember saying “Delicious” before huddling under the covers and going back to sleep :-)
The project is still running for another week so I am still on late shift and winding down is the best option, but NOT with mindless television viewing. I had a particularly bad start to the day today and was exhausted. One of those rare days when I was glad to get it over and done with.
Watched a couple of Dylan Moran YouTube videos to try and end the day with some laughter then went off to bed reminding myself that tomorrow is another, better day.
A very difficult day today, but I am grateful for:
- A car parking space at the station. So grateful, on a daily basis, for this.
- That my washing got dry.
- The final study module of the first part of my Uni course started. It has been a real personal development journey so far and this one is no different. Challenging ;-)
- An easy day at work. 21 interviews and really nice people on the other end of the line for each one.
- And the most amazing offer of a 7 day ocean cruise from Brisbane along the coast of far North Queensland FREE!! My friend K is going on a cruise in May and her cabin mate has decided not to go and is GIVING AWAY her ticket!! Amazing :-)
No TV today. Had a good time chatting with a friend who came to visit and stayed later than intended which was nice.
Another DVD to review for my Uni studies. Ground Hog Day. It was fun. Once it was over I switched off and unplugged straight away.