Today, I’m grateful for…
1. – Getting to sleep in a bit.
2. – Getting another 20 gallons of sap from my maple trees.
3. – Baby lambs. My amish friend showed me the new lambs that were born in the last few days… cute doesn’t even begin to describe them.
4. – Having a good outing with the boy I volunteer with in the Big Brother and Big Sister program.
5. – Remembering how to tune my guitar… it’s been a few months since I’ve played.
I was grateful for…
1. – Getting an early start to the day.
2. – Another really good yield from my maple trees. Collected 27 gallons of sap.
3. – Getting to go to the University of Louisville men’s basketball game. It was the last game of the season. We Played the University of Connecticut. I had really good seats… the Cardinals played great… and we won by 33 points. Go Cards!!!
4. – Getting 1.5 gallons of syrup cooked out of the first 49 gallons of sap that I have gathered from my maple trees.
5. – Really good Chinese food. This one is for you, Hannah. :-)
I was thankful for…
1. – Getting an early start to the day. I began it with meditation and sun salutations and then started collecting the sap from my maple trees as the sun was rising.
2. – A really good yield from my maple trees. I collected 22 gallons of sap from the ten trees that I have tapped.
3. – Getting my amish friend to show me how to setup my maple syrup evaporator.
4. – My father being able to help me. Bunny, my house rabbit, passed away… she died suddenly. I don’t know why because I couldn’t afford a pet autopsy or anything like that. She died in the car on the way to the vet. I buried her on my property. I needed some help getting her things out of my house because it was too hard to look at. I know a rabbit is an unusual pet (at least in the US) and most people aren’t aware that they can be litter box trained, etc… but Bunny was as friendly, personable, and intelligent as any cat or dog. I’m really going to miss her, but I’m glad she’s no longer suffering. I posted about her often in this goal. She meant a lot to me… and she’ll be missed. RIP Bunny.
5. – Having a good bottle of bourbon to drink and the poems of Charles Bukowski to read.