I’m dying to learn the Tamure, which is the fast shimmying Tahitian dancing everyone always associates with the island. From the looks of it, I’m either going to have to go to Tahiti or get myself and instructional video.
crumpets's Life List
1. be more passionate
2. become an English teacher
3. do humanitarian work in africa
4. buy a vw bus
5. Take a roadtrip across the US
6. move to Asheville, NC
7. learn something new every day
9. get a second tattoo
10. learn to play the harmonica
11. travel to 100 places or more (join the Travelers' Century Club)
12. belly dance
13. learn amharic
14. photograph'beautiful people' in every city
15. karaoke with friends to bohemian rhapsody
16. own a rat
17. write my mother's life story
18. get dreadlocks
19. be a better person
20. Meet the Dalai Lama
21. Travel to Tibet
22. rock the casbah
23. learn Tahitian dancing
Tulku Karma in India
I’ve been in the Sangha
for a month now.
Meditate on compassion.
Forget the Ego.
On the tri-rail in FL, we hit a minivan and the train stalled for a couple of hours.. They werent allowed to let us off, for whatever reason.. People were grumpy and hungry (it was noon) and I happened to have a picnic basket full of chicken, sodas, chips (i was going to picnic with my friends in Boca Raton)
Me and a couple of other people ended up just sprawling out a blanket and having ourselves a picnic. I met a great guy named Charlie from NO.LA, (it turned out the hostel i stayed at in new orleans was near his house on south lopez off of canal st)