Plane takes off one week from today… I can’t believe it!
10 years after introducing 43 Things to the world, we have decided we have met our last goal: completing the incredible experience that has been 43 Things. Please join us in giving one last cheer to all the folks who have shared their goals with the world, as well as all the people who have worked at The Robot Co-op to build this incredible website. We won a Webby Award, published a book, and brought happiness to a lot of people.
Starting today, 43 Things users can export their goals and entries from the site. Starting August 15, we will make the site “read only”. 43 Things users will still be able to view the site and export their content, but we won’t be taking any new content from users. We hope to leave the site up for folks to see and download their content until the end of the year. Ending on New Year’s Eve takes us full circle.
It has been a long ride (one of our original goals was to "build a company that lasts at least 2 years” - we beat that one!) While we wish the site could live on, it has suffered from a number of challenges - changes in how people use the site, the advertising industry, and how search engines view the site. We wish the outcome was different – but we’ve always been realistic about when our goals are met and when they aren't.
As of today, you will be able to download your goals and entries. See more about that on the FAQ page. Thanks for 10 great years of goal-setting and achieving.
- The Robots.
Plane takes off one week from today… I can’t believe it!
I am planning a gathering for the fans of the band downhere. We’ve been talking about doing it for years… the band agreed to join us for a day of volunteering and hanging out. It should be a blast! (lots of details to think about before then!)
It’s only going to be a two week trip, but my best friend and I have our tickets for May! We will be flying into Frankfort, traveling to Munich (and to Dachau), then off to Vienna (Austria), Rome (Italy) and Paris (France.) I’m so excited!
A few friends and I will be seeing U2 in Chicago on September 12!!
51. This Man- Jeremy Camp
52. The Living Years- Mike and the Mechanics
53. More Now- Sevenglory
54. Little Wing- Stevie Ray Vaughan
55. I am Free- Newsboys
56. Faith Like That- Jonah33
57. Summer of 69’- Bryan Adams
56. Audience of One- Big Daddy Weave
57. Fast Car- Tracy Chapman
58. Die to Live- Steve Vai
59. Pride (In the Name of Love)- U2
60. Song for Love- Extreme
61. When the Saints- Sara Groves
60. Bad- U2
61. Sea of Faces- Kutless
62. Glory Defined- Building 429
63. Any Way You Want It- Journey
64. If We are the Body- Casting Crowns
65. Breath You In- Thousand Foot Krutch
66. Iris- Goo Goo Dolls
67. Powerless- Simon Collins
68. Blessed- Martina McBride
69. Don’t Give Up on Me- Andrew Peterson
70. I Remember You- Skid Row
71. Wind of Change- Scorpians
72. Lost at Sea- Jimmy Needham
73. Airplane- Bethany Dillon
74. Cryin’- Aerosmith
75. Two Steps Behind- Def Leppard
76. Way Away- Yellowcard
77. Grace Like Rain- Todd Agnew
78. Beautiful Name- Zoe Girl
79. Saved by Grace- Shane and Shane
80. Will You Be There- Skillet
81. Faithfully- Journey
82. Why Me?- Mike and the Mechanics
83. At the Beginning- Richard Marx and Donna Lewis
84. Gratitude- Nichole Nordeman
85. Thief- Third Day
85. Comfortably Numb- Pink Floyd
86. Unaware- MercyMe
87. Light of the World- Watermark
88. Tom Sawyer- Rush
89. Fool in the Rain- Led Zepplin
90. Sweet Child of Mine- Guns and Roses
91. Audience of One- Big Daddy Weave
92. Great are you- downhere
93. Paper Wings- Rise Against
94. Dreams- Van Halen
95. Rock You like a Hurricane- Scorpians
96. Only One- Caedman’s call
97. One life to love- 33 miles
98. Top of my Lungs- Phillips, Craig, and Dean
99. Friend for Life- Watermark
100. I am- Mark Schultz
29. Be Like That- 3 Doors Down
30. Running to Stand Still- U2
31. Sing over Me- Building 429
32. Ever Be Enough- Sevenglory
33. Where you Lead Me- MercyMe
34. Move- Jason Gray
35. Livin’ on A Prayer- Bon Jovi
36. Be Near Me- Bethany Dillan
37. All At War- downhere
38. Life of Praise- Casting Crowns
39. Glorious King- Jamie Jamgochan
40. When I get Where I’m Going- Geoff Moore
41. Hero- Superchick
42. Yours- Steven Curtis Chapman
43. Savin’ Me- Nickelback
44. Give to Live- Sammy Hagar
45. The World I Know- Collective Soul
46. Stand in the Rain- Superchick
47. She Walked Away- BarlowGirl
48. Hard Times Come Easy- Richie Sambora
49. With or Without You- U2
50. What it’s Like- downhere
My very basic policy through another company costs only $20 less than a full coverage policy through Progressive. I paid in full so I won’t have to worry about automatic withdrawels for the next 6 months!
12. I Want to Set the World on Fire- Brit Nicole
13. Under Pressure- Queen
14. All The Same- Sick Puppies
15. Nobody’s Perfect- Mike and the Mechanics
16. Footloose- Kenny Logins
17. Not About Wings- downhere
18. Beloved- 10th Avenue North
19. I believe- Building 429
20. Let Love Win- Daniel Kirkley
21. Hero- Superchick
22. Only The World- Mandisa
23. Little is Much- downhere
24. Not Enough- Van Halen
25. Beautiful Day- U2
26. Give to Live- Sammy Hagar
27. When I See You Smile- Bad English
28. Where You Lead Me- MercyMe
1. So Blue- downhere
2. Be Still- Storyside B
3. Right Now- Van Halen
4. Calmer of the Storm- downhere
5. I Can’t Stop Loving You- Van Halen
6. Hurt- Johnny Cash
7. His Mercy Reigns- Shane and Shane
8. In the Middle- Jimmy Eat World
9. Beautiful One- Jeremy Camp
10. Lift Up Your Eyes- Rick Hopkins
11. Show Me Your Glory- Third Day
And I hope to keep up with it.
Four sentences about each day of my life… it’s doable, right?
A friend started a new blog- A picture a day. While I doubt I could keep up with such a thing, I hope to do something similiar- a sentence a day journal. So much is happening these days, is it possible to sum it up into one or two sentences?
I hope to find out!
I think I am to a point where I can see people for who they are- imperfect beings created in the image of a perfect God. I am determined to continue growing in this area and learning how to be a better example of the One who gives me perpetual hope.
I have been talking with some friends from high school lately… and am keeping up better with current friends. Facebook helps… but having my own place really helps me to have the energy to give my friends!!
From now on, 4 percent of my income will be going into a 403b plan- and another 2 percent will be added by my employer. Figured you’re never too young to start planning for the future :-)
And created a detailed calendar of when I’m going to do things (unpack, clean out my car, go to the DMV, etc.)
I am learning that I have a lot of passion for life and people… it’s just a matter of harnessing it.
The right brain is considered holistic while the left brain analytical and linear. Left brained individuals prefer to learn with specific details while right brained individuals prefer to be presented with the big picture and then discover the details. Right brained individuals would benefit from reading an outline of the material that they are about to learn. It would be helpful for them to make a quick review before the lecture, for example by reading the introduction of the book and the chapters to be covered.
Right brained individuals are more intuitive while left brained individuals are more logical. Right brained individuals are more skilled at sensing when an answer is right even when they cannot prove why it is correct. They can make sense of information that is not immediately apparent and therefore are better at instinctively arriving at correct answers. Left brained individuals should trust their intuition more when they are not sure about an answer, for example in a multiple choice question they should go with their first choice.
The left side of the brain is better at memorizing words and formulas. Right brained individuals prefer concrete and real objects that they can touch and see. They are more visual and may benefit from visualization and mnemonic techniques that would help them remember words and numbers.
Left brained individuals like to complete tasks in a specific order while right brained individuals are more random and lack organization. Right brained individuals would benefit from keeping a schedule and focusing on time management. They should concentrate on pressing issues and delay tasks that can be completed later.
It is difficult to write it all out in list format… but I think I’m going to do so in a notebook so I can look at it regularly.
So I aim to encourage them and remind them that they are loved.