1. Lunch with a colleague. We don’t “lunch” very often. We can’t. It always consists of a shot of Patron and a Dos Equis. Let the weekend begin!
2. Even though the lunch involved drinking – we did accomplish things. Hmmm…
3. Boat trip to the Boat and Ski Club for dinner.
1. An unexpected visit by my aunt and uncle from CO.
2. Seeing my mother finally relax (after several glasses of wine). She was way more fun than normal.
3. Hearing stories of my childhood and my father. You can feel the love in the room as people reminisce.
1. Responsibility free day! Slept til 10:00!!
2. Eggs, bacon, toast, coffee and bloody mary for brunch.
3. Lazy day at lake. Floating, swimming and relaxing with friends.
4. Night cruise on the sailboat gazing up at the stars on a clear night. 2 shooting stars.
1. Being able to solve a work problem all on my own. My boss is in China, so I had to.
2. N’s baseball skills assessment. He threw, caught and batted. He wasn’t the best, but he wasn’t the worst. He was solidly average. Which is a good place to be when you’ve never played before. I was proud of him. And it makes me happy to see him excited about a sport.
3. Bed time with the boys. It is so nice to be settling into a routine so soon into the school year. We read stories and then talked about what their favorite thing about their day was. N responded “Lunch time. Cuz I LOVE food!” Me too :) C said lunch time as well. But it was because he got to see his friends. I am so glad they like school.
1. First day of school. First day of Kindergarten for C. When I asked him if he wanted me to walk him in he said “No, Mom, I remember where my class is.” He didn’t need me. He was happy to go to school. I am not sad he didn’t want me to walk him in…I am proud he is so independent and confident.
2. N only knew one little girl in his 2nd grade class. When I talked to him that afternoon he told me he “made lots of new friends”. I am so pleased he made that experience a positive one. My social butterfly.
3. I had a special guest in my rpm (spin) class. It was fun.