Semester two starts tomorrow. I have been partcipating more this year, but I hope I can “renew” this goal starting tomorrow!
deardiary's Life List
2. be still
3. pray more
4. Read the Bible
5. stop procrastinating
6. Get organized
7. Read the entire Bible
8. simplify my life
9. make each day special
10. get up earlier to make the most of the day, and my life
11. sell things on etsy
12. be more creative
13. draw more
14. journal daily
15. Read more
16. document my life with pictures
17. play with my cats more
18. get my G2
19. expand my vocabulary
20. learn to write with my left hand
21. identify 100 things that make me happy (besides money)
22. learn french
23. get a job
24. learn to forgive
25. visit a farm
26. spend an entire day in a bookstore
26. Empty, quiet museums.
27. Lazy Sunday afternoons after church.
28. Yoga. No explanation needed.
29. Seeing and making others smile.
30. Going somewhere alone. I never realized how empowering it felt until recently, when I the gained courage to venture out into my city’s streets alone. It’s so enlightening. You really get to notice the little details that make life beautiful. As much as I love my friends and family, a simple walk just with yourself lets you realize all the things you’ve been missing.
I was already starting to eat healthy before I realized my indigestion, but now I am paying more attention to what I actually feed my body. Ever since, I have made slight changes that have improved my health on the whole:
- An extra glass of water during the day
- A cup of vegetable juice almost everyday
- Ground flax seeds in my breakfast
- Whole grain instead of whole wheat or white
- Replaced half the grains in my lunch for a salad with lean meat
- Snacks are nuts, seeds, fruit
- Eat at home whenever possible, or order something light
- Drink tea daily, and coffee very occasionally
- Have the soup first, then vegetables, then grains, then meat (I used to rush to eat the heaviest food first, then get too full for my veggies)
- Realize nothing is off-limits!
Things I’m working on:
- Eat less more frequently
- Eat slower, and don’t concentrate on the tv during dinner
- A glass of water/juice in the morning
- Natural/organic food when possible (honey instead of sugar, organic fruit etc)
- No eating after 8
Hope I helped somehow!
I also need to try harder to not fall asleep after I eat. I’m always low on energy (don’t sleep enough, or deep enough), then crash at the 3 pm wall. What are some snacks for good energy?