1. The boss was still in Nashville, so the office was really quiet. I played with the new program, practicing and read.
2. The kittens came to play. I got to pet mom. I think she was someone’s housepet that got left on the side of the road. She’s much too friendly to be wild.
3. My poor niece’s satellite kept trying to go out as she was trying to watch her beloved Boston play. At least I could help with a score update.
1. A very quiet day at work. I finished all the scanning. Now what?
2. Visiting with the bookkeeping girls at lunch.
3. When I left work, the girls had Jennifer’s phone hooked up and were watching Sons of Anarchy with microwave popcorn in a bowl. I’m glad the boss seems to be gone this week.
1. I may have to consider wearing my pink Henley more often. The boss never showed up all day.
2. I finished scanning in all the bookkeeping files. Now to finish up the tax ones and I’m done!
3. A cloudy day, but not bitterly cold or anything. Every now and again the sun would peek through. It felt like it was having a game of it.
1. Sleeping in till almost eight!
2. Realizing that next week is the time change. My bedroom clock tried to change early (it’s an oldie but a goodie).
3. I made breakfast burritos for Harlan and froze them and tried crack sticks. Easy enough recipe, and good. After that I went the easy way out and just popped supper in the oven.
1. I’ve been doing this a while. Even when I’m away from home, I’m thinking about my three things for the day. What a great habit to have.
2. Watching Pacific Rim with Harlan. I was falling asleep by the end (I’d already seen it), but it was fun to share with him.
3. Playing games every so often. It’s nice breaking up housework with fun!
I hope it’s full of wonderful things, good people, and amazing adventures!
1. Movie day! I went and rented some movies and didn’t have to work, so I let the laundry wait.
2. Cabbage roll casserole. Easy and yummy.
3. Doors open most of the day.
1. A quiet day at work. It was the boss’ birthday! She enjoyed her gift.
2. A lovely afternoon outside. I didn’t get to go out there except to leave work, but it was nice to look at.
3. CVS. I went to pick up prescriptions, got a bunch of coupons and ended up with two bottles of conditioner free. Yay!
1. Even though I had a flat tire, I got it aired up enough to make it to get it fixed. Barely. But I made it!
2. I called my brother before he called me. He always calls after nine when he calls and I go to bed by ten. It’s impossible to get him off the phone in anything less than two hours. His gf said he was going to call me later, so I called him, knowing that it wouldn’t be as late.
3. The World Series began!
1. Visiting with Alma at work. Sweet girl.
2. None of the bosses came in, even though I know they were working. Big meeting?
3. No long into the night phone calls. Sleep!
1. I got in a new shirt for work. Pretty purplish pink. I only get one a year (logo stuff), so it’s nice to have something new to pick from in the mornings.
2. Homemade soup for supper. Yum!
1. Catching up some on White Queen.
2. Playing solitaire since Harlan was busy trying to research how to fix the grandson’s tablet (his screen got cracked a week after he got it).
3. Wanting to stay up, but being sensible and going to bed at a regular time.
1. Taking some things over to Connie’s and visiting for a while. The grandson is so much taller this year. Granddaughter is almost ready to graduate.
2. Harlan picked up the grandkids’ things with cracked screens. He’s going to attempt a fix it job on them. I had the granddaughter’s kindle insured, so she’s got a replacement coming. If we can fix this one, it’ll go to another granddaughter.
3. Watching baseball. It was my niece’s birthday, so since she’s from Boston originally, I’ll bet she counted that as a bday present.
1. Staying home, waiting for the tv repairmen. I don’t mind not having to do the running for one day.
2. Finishing one of the books I have going. I hope to finish another one today.
3. A glass of wine while watching Masterchef Junior. Fun!
1. A quiet day at work with a short visit with the boss, who was really nice. We’re losing the only bilingual associate we have and she’s feeling it.
2. Last work day of the week. That’s kinda nice, even though I would like the hours.
3. Sneaking the kindle into work and not getting caught reading on the clock. There was nothing else to do without permission, so I mostly hung out for the day.
1. Helped a few people, which was kinda nice. Otherwise, the day at work was really slow.
2. It’s getting cold out there! We should hit freezing this weekend. I guess I’ll have to put the heater on then.
3. I got my drivers license renewed way ahead of time. I didn’t know you could do that for up to a year ahead. Now I won’t have to interrupt work to do it.
1. The last day for filing extensions. I got a couple of difficult, long returns done in good time. These people were so organized, I wondered why they would need an extension in the first place.
2. Staying late to help with another tricky one. I haven’t had that long a work day in for a long time. Love it!
3. Rain! Glorious rain! Cool temps! It actually got down to 49 by the time I was coming home from work and I had to close the windows in the house. This won’t last long, but I’m going to enjoy it while I can. Especially the rain.
1. Almost a busy day at work. Everyone rescheduled for today. Well, not everyone, but today is going to be busy.
2. Even though it wasn’t as busy as it could have been, I still got to talk to the girls in bookkeeping. Jennifer doesn’t have cancer after all! Yay!
3. Downton Abbey. I’m still catching up on season two.
1. A quiet day at home. We didn’t do much. Harlan moved the boat so I could see my roses. I’ve been asking him to do that for 10 years.
2. Sharpe’s Rifles and Sharpe’s Eagle. We hadn’t seen those in ages and it was fun to revisit.
3. Going to bed at a reasonable time. It’s so tempting sometimes and stay up and watch things or play on the computer or read for a bit longer..but self control is a good thing.
1. Harlan suggested a movie, since we hardly get time together! We went to see Gravity. OMG! Incredible movie.
2. New pillows. We’re going to try memory foam, since my feather pillows really need fluffing or something.
3. A quiet day after we got home. I likes me those.