Leave home every day for a month.
It is within my capability to leave the house every month.
The sad thing is that I don’t even leave my room every day. :(
I set goals for myself, for what it meant to me to be a better programmer…
1. Create something that you believe is better than any of its competitors, or fulfills an unmet need.
2. Stop compromising on bad code. Do it well, and do it no matter how long it takes.
3. Create very specific criteria which that specific application will have to pass before a version can be released.
4. if you see that part of the application is not ideal, remove it, and re-implement it.
5. If you fail, don’t worry about it. Just start over.
These are the requirements I set for myself… Becoming a better programmer is an ongoing process.
But this is a wonderful weight to be at. :-)