It’s the primary language of the Theravadan Buddhist texts. I would like to take a class at some point just so I know how to pronounce words correctly, maybe memorize a few short chants and sutras (suttas). At this point I don’t think I really want to become a total Pali scholar.
ericpierre's Life List
1. Become fluent in more than one language
2. Learn Spanish
3. Learn Ruby
4. Learn Hebrew
5. Learn AppleScript
6. network more with people
7. memorize all the 2 and 3 letter words in scrabble
8. destroy my debt
9. Learn Pali
10. go to the gym regularly
12. Sell the stuff I want to get rid of on Ebay or Craigslist
13. Practice Yoga
14. live simply
15. meditate every day
16. learn how to prepare 10 excellent meals
17. Organize and Systematize all of my digital data
18. Remember stuff I want
19. Take a cooking class
20. Host a game night
21. take the DELF (and pass)
22. digitalize all the family photos
23. finish the books I bought
(Level 5 is native fluency.)
- French: Would like to get back to level 4.
- Spanish: Would like to get to level 4.
- Italian: Would like to get to level 3 or better.
- Hebrew: Would like to get to level 3 or better.
- Other languages: Would like to know some basic vocabulary and phrases for German, Japanese, Arabic, Farsi, and Swahili.
DVD +- RW burner with LightScribe technology and disks, for example http://www.lacie.com/products/range.htm?id=10014