i’ve been neglecting 43things/myself quite a bit lately, so i thought i’d post new goals and try to get started on bettering myself again.
right now i’m struggling with my annual depresssion (bipolar in da house!!!), so it’s a little harder than usual to get momentum going, but i have faith that i’ll push through this… or well, i have faith right now in this second – i’ll admit that this disorder makes me forget sometimes that things always get better, or, at least, that on some level things always change. so my first goal, i suppose is to remember.
and my second to work towards regaining and bettering my memory in any way possible. decreasing stress, fighting depression, working out, getting enough sleep, eating lots of blueberries (hey, anything if it helps)...
3. regain positivity
4. apply for jobs asap!!! (on-campus jobs – check student website)
5. be humble
6. figure out comm serv commitments. (email M again with further deets)
7. figure out possible courses before tuesday
8. meet with dept chairs about possible courses of study – meet with advisor – present yourself and ask for advice and suggestions – do not be too proud to ask for help. meet with dl asap first to get your feet on the ground?
9. work your ass off and turn in all your work
10. write up fellowship report asap (in the next few days) or risk losing $$!!!!!!!!!!! remember to send grades in when they come in. email peeps to ask if they have their grades yet?
11. have more faith, in yourself, in other people. trust more, love more.
12. return to your spirituality, whatever that means to you
13. work out regularly (i ran two miles yesterday!!). start yoga? meditate more? eat more healthily? a body that feels good is a mind that feels good!
14. make an effort to be sociable and to “do things,” even when you just want to put your pillow over your head and pretend to be asleep
15. figure out how you want to decorate your dorm room for the year. talk to v and i tomorrow – color scheme? desk arrangement? futon? wall decor?
15. find a way to regain my arabic and upkeep my chinese, despite almost certainly not being able to take courses in those languages this term due to scheduling (try to audit a chinese lit class?) – maybe work on brushing up my hieroglyphs too, just for fun, even though it’s no longer relevant to my major?
16. be less afraid; open my heart
17. and of course, as always, my mantra: “do the best you can in the time you have available,” in all areas of life.
attached image: from postsecret.