1. I finally got a Wii!!! I’ve been wanting one FOREVER. Can’t wait to go home and play it.
2. Paid all my (past due) bills today…it was incredibly satisfying to know that I won’t have to spend any of my next paycheck trying to play catch up.
3. Noah’s bagels egg, cheese and tomato sandwich for breakfast…oh so yummy. (sorry if that scares you John Lee…) At least I shared a lot of it with the bf.
4. Going to make cookies tonight with my bf’s daughter (well if I can be pulled away from the Wii) – it reminds me of when I used to make huge messes in the kitchen as a kid when my mom made cookies with us.
5. Finding a really great townhouse for rent in the neighborhood we were wanting. Just have to fill out the applications and see if we are approved.
I am finally current on all my regular bills! No more calls from anyone asking when they’ll get their money and no risk of getting my phone or internet or cable shut off! Also paid a big chunk off of my credit card.
The next step I may take is to call around and see if someone will be willing to refinance my car – a $50 or $100 savings per month would be great!
Okay, so my boyfriend has been searching non-stop to find a Wii for us and he found one at a small shop today! It was slightly marked up, but we decided our time was worth more than the extra money we paid for it, so yay us. Anyway, we probably spend that much money going out in a weekend anyways, so not really a big deal. :)
Yay I’m happy.
1. FINALLY having the means to get caught up on all sorts of past due bills that have been piling up on me the past few months. Goodbye you evil payday loans that only made it WORSE.
2. Having a chance to go over to our “quiet” office building here in the office park to do some work. No one was really over there, so I kicked my 3-inch heels off and did my running back and forth from the copier with no shame. :)
3. Going bed shopping tonight! I’ve never had a BRAND new bed ever in my life. I’ve always had hand-me-down, so I’m pretty excited to start shopping for one of my own (Not to mention how much fun it will be to break it in, right? Hehe.)
4. Reading books with my boyfriend’s daughter last night. First she “read” to me by telling the story as she saw it from the pictures and then I read to her – I love reading kids books out loud and acting it out and making all the voices.
5. The feeling of having a productive and positive day. I got equal parts work and personal business accomplished and I have a good evening planned ahead.
I finally have the money to buy one out right, so my bf and I have started making calls to find out who is getting shipments and when. Does anyone have any tips on which games to buy? Also, do you think there are any games that a 4-year-old would be able to play?
1. More rain! I have to enjoy it while it’s actually here.
2. Having friends that I can bounce ideas off of throughout the day about whatever little issues are plaguing me.
3. Dinner at my mom’s house last night with my bf – I can’t believe how well he gets along with my whole family.
4. Having time to review the websites for the presidential primary candidates – I always feel better when I have done my homework during elections.
5. News that a check I’ve been waiting for was placed in the mail today – I’ll finally be able to get ahead on some bills and buy a few things for myself (a Wii and a digital camera maybe?)
“What doesn’t bend, breaks” ~Ani DiFranco
I don’t know how else to expand on this more other than saying that we all need to let things slide sometimes, otherwise we’ll just end up snapping.
And I think that word has a lot of stigma attached to it. Feminists are not man haters, we just believe that all people should be treated as peers regardless of their gender orientation. We’re all human beings and we all deserve to be treated with respect. To me, it’s not about rebelling against male society or trying to act like men – it’s just about thinking for ourselves and being respected for who we are and the contributions that we make in society.
I can’t seem to sit still at home unless the house is clean. My boyfriend seems to think it is the Filipino in me because they are stereotypically neat freaks, but I haven’t always been this way. I think it has more to do with pride of keeping my own place looking nice. At least I don’t iron my socks or anything crazy like that!
1. Getting to spend some gift cards at the mall – yay for fresh new towels and a dinnerware set.
2. A tasty breakfast sandwich with melted Swiss cheese…mmm…cheese.
3. Being one of the fortunate households in town to still have power after a huge storm hit on Friday.
4. Having a “me” day yesterday – a little quiet time is ALWAYS nice.
5. Being in love and having no doubts about it…it feels awesome.
I actually really needed my anorak hoodie today! It’s storming like crazy. Although I think the rain has made me look a bit wild-eyed and deranged! ;)
What started as an arms embargo from the US in the late 1950s and soon was expanded to be a total economic embargo by the mid-1960s on Cuba is something that I feel has been far too long-standing and should be ended.
Basically any other country in the world can do business with Cuba except for the United States and I would think that the Cuban government is probably benefiting from us not being in their business right now. If we lifted the trade embargo, a lot of their economic woes would probably go away – but so long as the economy is poor there, communism will be able to thrive. I mean, I’m not an expert on this subject at all, but Castro is an old man and I would hope that his successor will want to do something to work with the US so that we can find a way to lift the embargo. Because I want to go to Havanna gosh-dang-it!
Anyone have other thoughts for or against ending the embargo?
1. The first storm of the new year – we haven’t had much rain this season so it is nice to have a fresh wash of everything.
2. Having my bf’s daughter finally staying with us – she’s a big challenge and a lot of work, but it is well worth it!
3. A relatively lazy day at work – which is good since I’m kind of checked out mentally and hovering in the lazy department anyway.
4. Having some time to start apartment hunting again – I know I just moved like 3 months ago, but we’re in need of a bigger place! Good thing we are on a month-to-month lease.
5. Still having that feeling like 2008 is just going to be amazing! :)
1. My boyfriend’s 4-year-old daughter is moving in with us tonight – I’m so excited! Kiddos always bring me so much joy.
2. I’m loving my new hair cut…I feel super fabulous. This is the shortest it’s ever been too and I love it.
3. Having the chance to watch many of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes on TV yesterday and the day before – that show rocks!
4. Getting bills taken care of early this month!
5. Yummy pita sandwich I had for lunch…I love pitas!
1. The most amazing, memorable new year’s eve kiss I’ve ever had in my life.
2. A fun, safe time out with awesome friends who know how to have a good time.
3. A clean slate for the new year! 2008 is going to be a good one – I can feel it!
4. A day off to lounge around, maybe do some shopping, and just relax!
5. The post-drinking breakfast from McD’s – sure to curb any sign of hangover!
I don’t remember the last time I had the flu. It’s been at least 7-8 years. I got really sick this one time and the doctors couldn’t figure out what was wrong with me and I basically just had to ride it out. Ever since then though, the extent of me being sick has been confined to slight head colds and scratchy throats. I don’t get flu shots, I don’t worry about being around others who have the flu, etc…because I just don’t catch it. (KNOCK ON WOOD).
1. My guy made me breakfast this morning! Aww.
2. My brother is getting married on Saturday! I’m excited for him…but I’m also scared for him too. Haha.
3. My boyfriend’s daughter is officially moving in with us in the next two weeks…again…I am both excited and scared!!
4. The nice feeling of closure that comes with wrapping up the end of the year.
5. Taking most of the day off tomorrow to help my mom with last minute wedding prep – I always enjoy cooking/task time with my mom.
1. Hearing the words “I love you” just when I needed to hear it.
2. Having a day of listening to musicals – something about them just hits me in the ticker.
3. The barrage of awesome Christmas cards that I’ve received this year.
4. Cold, sunny days that will now grow longer since the winter solstice has passed!
5. Hoodie avatar fortnight! (:D
1. Getting my settlement agreement for my divorce finalized and getting my ex to sign it. The taste of freedom is in the air! All I have left to do is sign it myself and bring it to the courthouse!
2. Getting a ton of odds and ends business items completed for myself the other day: made doctor appointments, opened a new bank account, paid off some bills, did a major shopping trip, etc.
3. Rewarding myself with a shiny new cell phone! It has a great camera on it…so be on the lookout for me as a paparazzi.
4. An eventful week and a half coming up: best friend’s birthday friday, my boyfriend’s 10 year HS reunion on Saturday, CHRISTMAS (obviously), and my brother’s wedding on the 29th. Lots to do, but it will be fun.
5. Being especially busy at work the past couple of weeks…sure I’m burned out at the end of the day and I can’t spend as much time goofing around on 43T, but it does give me a good sense of purpose and accomplishment. :)