Seven months, many hours of classes, and a several dance parties later, I can definitely say that this is worth doing. It’s a great social activity and a great physical activity. I really enjoy the process of learning all these dances, and there’s so much to learn! I don’t think I’ll ever be finished with learning how to ballroom dance, but I feel I can check this off and continue more specifically with each of the dances I want to learn.
Jeffrey's Life List
1. Be more social
2. make other people feel loved
3. Write a stream of consciousness for 10 minutes each day
4. find my soulmate
5. learn how to drive stick-shift
6. learn french
7. create a personal website
8. Go to a club
9. take one photograph each day as a way to document my life.
10. get a suit
11. remember how to tie a tie
12. marry my soulmate
13. find at least one thing each day that makes me happy
14. learn how to prepare 10 excellent meals
15. learn something new every day
16. stay fit
17. Learn Spanish
I took the first step a couple weeks ago when I signed up and went to my first dance class. That was probably the hardest part for me. Now I’m learning! Zoomed through the basics of Rhumba, Waltz, Foxtrot, and Tango. I’ve only just begun, but this seems like something I wouldn’t mind continuing.
One link I’ve added to my list of bookmarks I visit daily is the following:
That sends me to a random page on WikiHow whick will show me something potentially useful to learn. It’s incredibly simple to add as part of your daily routine, and it’s a good step in the right direction. You could do this for Wikipedia too if you wanted to.