It is not easy to acclimate yourself to India’s extremes, and the extremes of pollution, poverty and density of population are intimidating and emotionally trying at first. Consider getting away from the cloying heat out in the countryside for a welcome respite. Many of the charitable organizations in hilltribes of Southern India have worthy projects helping orphaned kids become educated and self sufficient. It is primitive living at best and the days are long but if you can prepare yourself for the conditions, it can be a fantastically rewarding experience!
lianazay's Life List
1. learn to sail
2. 1. Start a wildly successful business
3. stop procrastinating
4. Design and build my own house
5. financial independence
6. forget the past, live in the present and smile when thinking of the future
7. make a list of 365 quotes that inspire me
8. fall in love again
9. Take a cooking class
10. create a list of 100 must-read books and read them.
11. make more friends
12. never lose my sense of wonder; always appreciate the little things
13. Become a better public speaker
14. Stop caring what other people think of me
15. eat more locally grown food
16. learn the art of conversation
17. get my driver's license
18. Daily: Reflect on 5 things for which I'm grateful.
19. go on safari in africa
How I did it: I allowed myself to be loved, and did not push or hurry things. I played NO games, (which was a first,) and gave him the space he needed, and took the space I needed, even though my heart was saying that it wanted to be around him all the time, my head knew that would be too much, so I listened carefully to them both and tried to make wise decisions. Read how I did it…