this is very important to me because I do waste precious time in the mornings… I have reeducated myself to shower first (before coming downstairs for coffee) and this alone was a huge improvement because I am showered and dressed by 9 am which is great. However, once I come downstairs for breakfast, checking emails and watching the news I get trapped in time somehow and I still leave the house at around 11 or 11:30 which is a total waste of my time.
I really need to work on this.
I have been wanting to do box for a long time and I finally got started the last week of 2010. I went to two classes and I liked it. I also do feel the training after the class. I look forward to the results. I will try to go both classes every week as much as I can.
This is my personal challenge for the whole year… I have a lot of weight to loose and I wanna get fit. I have been on a diet (on and off) but on a diet for the past 24 years… sigh… I really felt last year that I cannot diet anymore… so I decided to change my eating habits with a new approach and I became a pesco-vegetarian… I am very happy with this but this alone has not made me loose any weight so far so I do need to work out. I have been doing spinning for the past 6 months or so but I go an average of once a week and it is not enough. I now have started taking boxing lessons and the training there is a lot more powerful, I will continue to do this (I only started last week).
So, summing up, my intention for 2011 is to get fit by doing a healthy diet (not a low calorie kind but a pesco-vegetarian one) and training harder. I do think I need to focus on working out and that is what is going to make the difference.
I would really really love to be able to get this done.
I set my due date for my birthday next year.
I am very happy to be doing this… I now have had my braces for 5 months, I still have 3 more months to go with these ones and then I pass onto stage 2 which is getting these removed and getting Invisalign that are removable and invisible. I still have a long way to go (approximately 18 more months) but I look forward to my new smile :D
well… last night I slipped… I had some ham (raw)... but actually is not all bad because ham is the thing I was missing the most and actually I didn’t enjoy it as much… apparently it was really good according to my family but I didn’t like too much so I think it is not that bad of a thing to have eaten it in the end… what I like to eat has really changed… now I have to educate myself to not like sweets so much and I will be on my way to a really healthy diet.
All in all, I am very happy with my choice of becoming a pesco-vegetarian. I think I will consider this done after a year of having started.
right to the limit of my deadline!! I finished decluttering my closets and even some boxes at my studio.
the only thing left to do is to take all the things to charity, I will do that as soon as I can.
I am happy to start 2011 with a fresh, clean, decluttered house!
Thanks for the support along the way, everyone!! :)
yesterday, I took my first boxing lesson. It was very intense training and it was fun. I will try to go back tomorrow… if I can still move that is… :)
ok, I have just thrown away my #100 item and I know I will continue to throw away more stuff but I will be done with my 100# goal. Today I plan to finish tiding up my second closet and then I have a few more things to clear out on my bookshelf but I am pretty confident I am going to finish this on my due date. :D
I have 14 shelves and 14 drawers… I have declutter and nicely organized the 14 drawers and 2 of the shelves… hopefully I can get it over with next weekend… I don’t have much time left anyways.
it is an organic, vegetarian restaurant that is near my office so now I order food from there. The food is great and it is really convenient. Yay!!
today I finished cleaning up, decluttering and organizing one of my closets. This is the hanging closet. I have a full shelf and drawers closet that I still have to clean up.
I am getting closer to cross out this goal. Yay!!!
I’ve been doing so much better on this one. I’ve been taking a shower first, before coming downstairs for breakfast and this has been a very successful thing. It does cut out one hour from my previous morning routine.
The only bad thing is I’ve been going to bed late almost every night so it is taking me a lot of time and effort to wake up in the mornings. I have been snoozing a lot so I have to work on this but I am very happy with the other thing so overall the balance is positive. :D
I am adding up a lot of stuff to my 100 items list (see previous entry) and I also FINALLY started cleaning up one of my closets…
It is a beautiful day outside but I’d rather clean my house now that I finally get a calm day to do it. Good for me!! :D
ps: if you think I am crazy and I should go outside and hang out with friends, please leave me a comment. Thx!
Today, I totally overslept, however… I got in the shower first, before getting coffee. This is a habit I want to change. I started yesterday and I will keep it for 30 days straight and see if I can actually get the habit installed of showering first and having breakfast after. I think this will sure help improve my morning routine.
Let’s see how it goes.
As part of my personal challenge, I will throw away 100 different things and I will try to keep track of it right here.
1. Sundeck chair (broken)
2. Very old mobile phone
3. Old alarm clock
4. Old jewelry box
5. Fake wooden flowers
6. Old wallet
7. Empty box from the kitchen
8. Old half melted candle and incense
9. Old toothbrushes
10. Non functioning kitchen clock
11. Expired food (a few items!)
12. Candle holders
13. Empty plastic flowerpots
14. Old sprinkler (it was already here when I moved in over 2 years ago!)
15. Blender box
16. Mop bucket (half of it, anyways!)
17. Wire hangers (around 40 of them)
18. Half empty bottle of wine (it was here since my roommate moved out a month ago and I don’t even drink wine)
19. Wall clock box (I am not even sure why I keep the boxes)
20. Old cushions
21. Dingy lavender pillow
22. Old lighting fixture
23. Old papers and delivery menues from kitchen table drawer
24. Loose and old socks
25. Assorted crap from my studio (a full trash bag)
26. Old photo holder
27. Modem empty box
28. Old lamp
29. Really old cooking recipes collectibles
30. Broken hand made jewelry box
31. Old magazine
32. Flashlight that has not worked in years
33. Empty soap dispensers
34. Hose adapter (it was useless even the very day I bought it)
35. Assorted electric supplies (old and useless mostly)
36. Iron empty box (again, I don’t know why I keep the boxes)
37. Old vase and empty glass jars
38. Keys to my old apartment (I moved over 2 years ago)
39. Pair of flipflops
40. Another old wallet
41. 11 trousers (that don’t fit anymore)
42. Raincoat (that doesn’t fit anymore either)
43. 2 sweaters
44. old keys to God knows what appartment…
45. kids chest
46. old lamp (another one)
47. Cell phone empty box
48. lots of old jewelry (going for charity)
49. letterholder full of crap (everything went to the trash)
50. handbag that someone gave to me as a present (but I will never use)
51. old essential oils for ambiance
52. some decor items from my previous house
53. jewelry box (yet another one)
54. small toys (pucca dolls, bouncing balls, etc)
55. all the content of a box in my studio
56. 4 pairs of boots/shoes
57. another bunch of hangers
58. some old towels
59. very old candies! eeew!
60. almost empty hand cream bottle
61. back scratcher
62. old underwear (a bag full of it, I need to buy new stuff now)
63. 2 pairs of sandals
64. ice cream that has been sitting in my freezer for a year eew!
65. old desk clock
66. old credit cards
67. curtain hangers
68. old adaptor
69. empty jewelry boxes
70. used tin candle holders
71. old christmas decor
72. old blackberry manual
73. manual and warranty papers for old technology that I don’t even have any more
74. old retainer
75. 2 dolls ( that my ex gave me)
76. 1 brand new bikini (going to charity)
77. 5 pjs
78. beach wrap
79. black cap
80. repeated issue of magazine
81. 2 sweaters
82. 3 t-shirts
83. plane necessaire
84. old assist card card
85. 6 more t-shirts
86. cap with a company logo that I will never wear
87. 2 cardboard boxes (that I have emptied just now)
88. 2 more sweaters
89. old University texts and notes that I have borrowed from someone I haven’t seen in 10 years (I’m sorry I never gave it back but I don’t think the person remembers it)
90. old umbrella
91. old papers from work
92. 2 pants size 0 (ha!)
93. 2 very nice dresses size 0 (obviously, they don’t fit now)
94. empty perfume bottle (I finished it today… I’m gonna miss it)
95. 8 handbags (going to charity as well)
96. 2 very nice tank tops
97. 1 black jacket
98. very old VHS player that has not worked in at least 5 years
99. old big stained towel
100. bunch of old bank papers and atm’s tickets that I kept on a tin box
YAY!!! I am done with this! Anyway, I know I will be throwing out more stuff but my goal is done. Checked!
I stopped eating cow meat in May this year and I stopped eating chicken when November started. I feel a lot better, less anxious and with less cravings even. I am definitely changing my diet to a lot more vegetables and healthy food. I am really happy to be doing this. I still have a long way to go since I am eating ham and some other things that I would like to stop eating soon.
I will still be eating fish; I don’t think is wrong to eat fish since I am doing this to improve my health basically.
I want to wallpaper the headboard wall of my bedroom.
ok, today I woke up when my alarm clock went off… however, it is not so much that “i’ve done this” but more like I am including this in a more global goal about “improving my morning routine”
I am so happy to be doing this. Of course, I am counting the days until my brackets are going to be removed and I still have a long way to go. But still… it was about time I actually did this instead of talking about doing it.
I think it has to do with the fact that I stopped eating red meat around 6 months ago… I feel a lot calmer… even though the rest of my life is exactly the same as before… lot of work, lot of pressure, however I am taking it easy… :)