It is hard not to speak up, but I find that stupid people want to stay that way. Who am I to interfere with their quest for cosmic stupid levels.
maryelizabeth's Life List
1. share more books via www.bookcrossing.com
2. figure out where all the people like me are hiding
3. Own a copy of the Oxford English Dictionary
4. give something away every time i get something new
5. become fluent in sign language
6. Lose 20 pounds
7. Keep a list of all I read
8. learn to meditate
9. Write more
10. potty train my daughter
I ordered and received some labels-
thought that might push me to get going. Now I’ve labeled some books and even managed to get a number for Unraveled-now to set it free.
I’m beginning to doubt they exist, at least not within a day’s driving range. Last fall sat in on financial aid workshop where speaker asked who had heard of Ayn Rand. I was the only one; speaker who worked at a local university didn’t even know who she was. A very lonely moment. Not that I am a big fan, but it hard for me to imagine never hearing of her work.