I want to learn Esperanto to a good level of conversational fluency for fun and to meet other Esperantists. Why not? :)
neschria's Life List
1. decide which of my 43things accounts to keep.
2. learn to play violin
3. learn Irish
4. learn esperanto
5. relearn spanish
6. Clean my house and keep it that way
7. create odd artifacts from imaginary lands
8. write a book
9. learn to bellydance
11. reduce my environmental footprint
12. Earn at least $1 for my art or writing.
I used to have a pretty good grasp of Spanish (good enough to take Spanish lit classes entirely in Spanish when I was in college), but it has atrophied down to nothing after 15 years of not using the language.
I have a lot of people telling me all the time that I should brush up on my Spanish, that it would be easy and useful. I am not very interested in Spanish anymore, but I feel like I should at least give it a go.