purplefury's Life List
1. Encourage the Red States to secede
2. Master CSS layout and stop using table-based HTML
3. spend less time screwing around on the web
4. spread the word that 'door hinge' does kind of rhyme with 'orange'
5. improve my handwriting
6. Legalize same-sex marriage in America
7. have normal sleep hours
8. advocate for keeping "subscribe" anonymous
9. Minimize existing clutter and excess possessions
10. go back to New Orleans
Although you may meet only one or two celebrities in your lifetime, celebrities meet thousands of people every year. So meeting one doesn’t make you special, and with extraordinarily few exceptions, you learn nothing particularly interesting. You’re way better off just meeting interesting regular people, the kind who might remember your name or have any interest in seeing you again.
What did I learn from meeting a celebrity? Well, for one, George Lucas is even shorter than you think. He’s about 5’3”. High school kids tower over him.
Once I rode an airport moving sideway behind Barry Bonds (he was in first class on my plane), but I can’t say I met him.
Be careful! They’re as hot as they are tasty. And the coffee is scalding.