1. A good stretch and hot shower sorting me out after a fairly awful nights sleep…
2. The aforementioned awful sleep being due to the fact that the hotel’s resident mouser, Thomas, is a big, old, affectionate lump with a meow that sounds like his batteries are running low and isn’t that great at his job! Seriously, this picture does not do justice to his dog-like proportions!
3. That the funny turn I had (thank you, time o’ the month…), occured just as I got to the toilets in Birmingham New St and not during the 2hr train journey I’d just escaped from…
4.Having time to kill to chill with a mango cooler in front of the British Library.
5. Falling asleep at home on the sofa, glasses on and in a super uncomfortable position, then waking up 3.5 hours later at 11pm feelingAWESOMEand getting loads of things like washing up, unpacking, tidying and laundry sorting done!
1. A jaunt into London
2. London 2012 Gamesmaker training being a lot more fun than I expected, although I was exhausted from info overload come 8pm… The first few hours made me quite sad that I won’t be able to do the actual games now, the next few made me quite glad – different perspectives but I feel a bit more at peace with my situation and decision now.
3. Getting to where I needed to be with relative ease – gawd bless the tube/bus system. I enjoyed riding through Hackney; from the dodgy end where I sit typing this from a mouse (rat?) ridden, leakin’, creakin’ hotel, to the hipster areas around London Fields, it was a cool mash of cultures.
4. Spending a lot less than I thought I was going to have to. Win! Celebrate with a coconut milkshake on the train home methinks :D
5. Papa Johns Pizza!
6. The cool little patio area outside our basement room, and the HUGE cat that patrols the garden!
1. Mum getting some much needed meds and seeing a slight improvement in her chest problems.
2. Unexpected free time
3. Making exciting use of leftovers
4. That my best friends are wonderful, truly good people.
5. Jeremy Renner ;)