Something weird happened when I attempted to think of a title for this post: Aaaahhhh!!!! Real Monsters!!!! flashed through my mind and then I must have had a glimpse at my avatar, because the next thing was Aarrgghh Imma Gonna Eat’chu!!!! So, this post gets no title and I apparently need more sleep.
We received our 60 day notice to vacate in the mail yesterday. It made it quite clear that we’re being forced out because she wants more money out of us. “If you have not found anything give me a call and I can go over what we have available in 3 bedrooms.” Our little complex only has 2 bedroom units. She’s been trying to get us to move to their brand new complex and she’s not been happy with our refusal to do so.
With the early occupancy option on the house we’re looking at, that would work out fine. But… we no longer want the house. Our lender has been pushing back saying we have to wait before he’ll do anything on his end. Fair enough and, actually, much to our benefit. The delay has given us time to really think this through and we’ve decided the house is just not where we want to live. It’s 20 – 25 minutes further away from J’s work than where we’re at now. It’s also backed up to a very busy, high speed road. J has other concerns: the siding is wood, the roof looks in need of replacing. Also, it’s part of an HOA, which I would greatly like to avoid if at all possible. We haven’t told our realtor yet. We’re going to walk through the house with her on Saturday, because she hasn’t seen it yet, and we’ll let her know our concerns then.
Passing on this house means we need to wait until we can just buy a house outright. By the time everything goes through, we’re looking at middle of August at the earliest. We have to be out of here on July 31st. I think what we’ll end up doing is putting our stuff in storage and staying at an Extended Stay hotel for a couple of weeks to a month. It’s an expensive option, but would keep us from having to sign another lease somewhere and putting down a deposit. We have no expectation of getting our deposit back from this place.
Now for some good news: J received confirmation that if the budget is approved, he will be hired on full-time. As of yesterday, 1/3 of the budget had been approved. The final approval is supposed to come tomorrow, but the boss man isn’t feeling well this week (more than a cold, less than cancer, to paint a picture) and has asked for final approval today. If approved, the new budget will go into effect on July 1st. There was no indication of if that would be the day J would be hired on or if he could somehow be hired on before that. The sooner the better for us, because we need at least two weeks of full-time pay from him before we can get our pre-approval. If he can somehow get hired on by June 15th, that puts us around July 1st for pre-approval and then there’s a chance we could find a house, make an offer and close prior to July 31st and avoid the stress that is AUGUST. M’baby turns 6 in August and I don’t even know where we’ll be living when she does.
Can I just take a moment to say how awesome it is that J is going to be hired on?! We’ll have real insurance! We’ll have some form of stability! He’ll get paid vacations! (I’m looking at you teoae.) Those are all the benefits I have the energy to come up with off the top of my head. But, seriously, we’ve been together 10 years this July… this has been a long time coming. The pride and relief and gratitude and happiness I feel cannot be described properly with words. ♥