I have written several non-fiction books and they have allowed me to quickly become financially independent while helping others.
Here’s a quick way to get it done:
1. Choose something you are passionate about
2. Create a compelling title and one-sentence summary of the book
3. Outline, in detail, the content of the book, chapter by chapter
4. Each week complete one new “stand alone” article which will become one of the chapters or sections of a chapter in your book
5. Submit your article to publishers as a stand-alone article. Just one article often pays $250-$500 in small publications and gets your name out there. After having several smaller pubs buy your work, larger magazines will begin picking you up.
Using this method you can complete a short book in 3-4 months and a longer one in 6-12.