that I will ever have, is this, being a mother. Raising these little ones to be kind, considerate, responsible people is my greatest ambition. I hope I don’t mess this up. I need to focus, stay calm and savor every moment.
shespeaks's Life List
1. be a good mother
2. Finish the Qaida with my daughter
3. Daily: Reflect on 5 things for which I'm grateful.
4. be better tomorrow than I was today
5. create a daily routine
6. consciously create my day
7. To live instead of exist
8. remember that it is all temporary
9. Read to my kids everyday for a month
10. send a postcard to Post Secret
11. identify 100 things that make me happy (besides money)
12. keep my house clean
13. post randomly
14. Give 1000 cheers
15. be happy
16. Figure "ME" out and be truly happy with my life
17. control my anxiety.
18. save my relationship
19. practice and spread acceptance, understanding and compassion
20. sketch everyday
21. try 43 new recipes
22. Make a list of 43 things I know very little about, & then learn at least 3 things about each of them
23. read the english translation of the Quran
24. Practice Pilates
25. Practice Yoga
26. have better posture
27. feel beautiful
28. Teach my daughter to print her name clearly
29. wake up earlier
30. Teach my son his ABC's
31. teach my daughter to read
32. Teach my son to count to 10
33. Go to sleep before midnight, lets try this for a month
How I did it: I love anything sugary and sweet, but since I've been trying to become healthier I try to eat less of it. I don't drink soda or sugary drinks, pretty much cut out the donuts and sweets. When I'm really craving something sweet, I have a bit of dark chocolate. Read how I did it…
How I did it: The first time I became pregnant I remember being shocked that it had actually happened. We had been trying for a year, and were thinking about starting fertility treatments, but then I was late one month so I tested and it was positive! We were thrilled, but our happiness was short lived because a week later I had a miscarriage. It was a very emotionally difficult time for us so we decided to take a little break from trying, and I s… Read how I did it…
I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me.
They have clung to me all my life.
I made this for my cousin, and it turned out amazingly moist and delicious.
4 cups grated carrot
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
1 ½ cups demerera or brown sugar
¾ cup raisins
½ cup chopped pecans
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup canola oil
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients together.
Add the applesauce, oil, carrots and raisins and mix until everything is well combined.
Pour into a greased 9”x 13” baking pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick or skewer inserted in centre comes out clean.