is cultivating the twitter-muscle. or tweeaining.
- The Robots.
is cultivating the twitter-muscle. or tweeaining.
- C and his great manner with students, lots to learn from him
- managing less than one day turn around on all emails today. a little grueling, but satifying
- C and his commitment to a big idea, would be awesome to work on it together
- trying something new.
- M, great support.
- figured out an annoying technical issue
- outlasted most everyone (but at what cost?)
- lovely performances from young russians
- the moon like a golden egg, or golden boxing glove
but it’s just an alternative strategy to parse the escalating tuition, arbitrary discounting dilemma.
More on this from Sewanee Vice Chancellor John McCardell – once again from the NYT
- India’s Sweets and Spices, love the spicy smell of this place and the discovery of every aisle.
- M, she came in to help, though she really didn’t need to.
- G and his diligence.
- clean laundry – hallelujah!
- Jo Nesbo. my kind of Scandinavian hard-boiled.
- Mom’s hilarious idea for me: Norwegian reality tv. expired now, but maybe there’ll be a season 3?
- fun curatorial process. A and C almost in spite of themselves, still invested, still coming up with more and more.
- Abraham Lincoln!
- my lil’ space heater.
- M and her enthusiasm.
dreaming nights in a row reminds me, that this is worthwhile. I’ve set up a document on my lap top for recording – and I’m ready to capture some again.
which is helping me remember what I’m reading, and that I really have plenty of books – that really must be read.
- the satisfaction of a long planning meeting (it was hot, a little grueling, talked too much, laughed a lot) got some stuff done.
- the sweetheart who let us use her room
- R and D. good people, great observations.
- public radio
- spontaneous in-n-out run in a downpour (including umbrellas)
- moments of surprise and, in the end, authentic emotion – at the performance
- a good idea, at the right time
- persistence, fortitude
- Uncle W, regaining strength, doing better
- yoga, pushing me in all the right places
- the occasion to be talking about a revolution
- throwing down a little activist art in class
- yuko, and her kitchen
mostly easy breast strokes, plus 25% crawl. kept it moving for 45 min. it’s interesting to be mindful of form in a swimming context after only thinking about running for these last few months. the guy in the next lane had all kinds of peripherals – fins, a board, what looked like paddles strapped to his hands. most of the lap swimmers were sporting caps. I love my googles, love keeping an eye on the tile stripe on the bottom of the pool and the cross at the end of the lane.
- tiny neighborhood farmer’s market – blood oranges, kale, lemon pita chips
- the pool, a lane all to myself for 45 min.
- getting a chunk of work done
- note from my bro
- peers and colleagues, the good works they’re doing and getting to know more about them
- kale salad – lemon, shallots, olive oil, romano
and my neighborhood pool is sooo close and affordable.
I’ve got to believe – that once a week is achievable!
- for managing to do the long run. and that some conditioning seems to persist.
- K and E, love them and their tiny experimental performance. could not be cuter or more lyrical.
- for M and his strange irresistible expansive art project
- eggplant and finding a new spicy herby way to cook it up
- chatting with a friendly stranger
- planning a slightly silly shopping expedition with M. when embarking on a major purchase, it’s kind of brilliant to go do it together with a newish friend.
still not sure if the LA marathon is going to happen for me on March 20. Left knee feels persistently sensitive. Ran with a knee band and compression socks – both seemed to help. The first couple of miles were the most sore and then for 10 miles legs felt good. Now, a couple of hours afterwards – ouch – both feel ancient, decrepit.
- going out with G to see some stuff. fun to see him in his element and hear about what he’s up to at school.
- the exuberant lovely A. doing a good job as always.
- that we managed to shut down the potentially problematic fundraising scheme in time
- for making progress on the big festival. step by step. and for A and C who are putting extraordinary effort in.
- M and M, making a chaotic process liveable.
- bills, paid.
- vista-filled walk with M – wow the hills in our city are amazing, spectacular
- making progress on some daunting work (even if it means staying late)
- indefatigable A who’s helping us conduct some much needed reform
- carrots with the tops on.
- chocolate hazelnut spread
- C who’s putting in some extra effort apparently out of the goodness of his heart
- the jazz bassists who showed up, for mysterious reasons
- neighborhood yogis, always
- E, warm and generous, and back from her family travels
- finding the fortitude to cook what was in the fridge, even though it was late in the evening, so worth it!
with yoga practice, but I am removing this goal. Part of a gradual goal clean-up and intention to develop my relationship to yoga more specifically.
- mom and her spontaneous super bowl celebration
- neighbors, reliably present, great connectors to different parts of our shared city life
- knees, my knees, they’re a little cranky and creaky now but I’m grateful for all they’re doing everyday on my behalf
- the gal at the froyo place and her mom. so cheery, incredibly great memory. I don’t see her more than once a month or so, but I’m pretty sure she knows that coconut is my favorite. and thinking of daughters and moms on a sunday – the french bakery mom and daughter team, and their love of colorful shoes, and their delicious house baquette.
- C, she experienced some kind of trauma, but she still managed a steady, stand-up class.
- such a nice party, thanks to S for making it happen
- K! absolutely darling, and with baby on the way, full of life as ever, and doing great small works
- running, after a lull. falling down, getting up again, feeling pretty good
- delicious shrimp burrito
- drawing, crafting, dusting off the needles
- a lovely circle of people