- for S and a nice night out
- yelp! an awesome guide to food adventure
- for J and his crew, their committed and experimental work and how they sustain it
- running into B, all warm and interconnected
- L a new E Africa cohort – the tininess of the world
- the gift of being able to work from home, a peaceful day
- a walk in the middle of the day – sunshine
- good talk with C, grateful for her rigor and energy
- fruit cart! mango, sandia, limon, chile, sel = delicioso
- a bunch of inquiries on E Africa, grateful to D for putting up the signs and making it visible and for carrying the torch.
- A’s back, and she helps orient everyone in the right direction
- my mom! support embodied
- avocados are ripe
- H, for her lightness
- made a good chart, illuminating
- M likes our diagrams, using them in a talk
- bengan bartha, smoky deliciousness
- the indulgence of lazing about in bed in the middle of the day
- the rain
- so much choice, so much abundance
- the quiet
- I’m caught up on e-mails
got myself in a couple of situations where drawing was required this week.
animals seem to be a theme. both wild and domesticated.
fun to have to just go at it without inhibition.
- hungry artists + tamales = happiness
- the Beehive Collective
- D, his steadfastness
- S, kind of tired and at her edge, but present, present
- an amazing volunteer A
- L & G, they’re clearly heroes of border art!
- grateful for the determination that it took to just do what was needed to be done!
- some folks are going to be coming to visit, we’re more ready than ever before :)
- E and her honesty
- that the student that we had some doubts about – is rising to challenges, demonstrating leadership, doing great.
- C for standing by, being incredibly reliable, doing her thing
- M and Y, they may not completely get what’s going on at any given moment, but they are steadfast, good humored, making it work
- my incredible cousin, and aunt and uncle! their oranges and lemons and avocados. abundance + generosity!
- beautiful weather again and again.
- a performance experience that viscerally reactivated the optimism of 2008
- G – doing his best – as ever
- that there are some things that I just don’t have to worry about.
to me – studio in my neighborhood.
and it was awesome. at the end I was drenched, with a little puddle in front of my mat from doing warrior three with my brow dripping.
normal practice has been very mellow and measured, but I felt the need for a brush up and another perspective on form. the amazing A gave me all that and more.
not sure when I’ll be courageous enough to return, but I plan to.
- dipping into some pretty intense vinyasa yoga, and learning from it
- brows are now, nice and neat
- someplace new for coffee, a funny little garden island of students and notebooks
- S – hooray for S! so willing and lively and smart
- that mom got up the gumption to wear the cute underwear I sent over, and it seems to be amusing everyone
- taking M to the museum for the first time
- great help from M, and that I have her confidence, hopefully its helpful to her too, to confide.
- good, strong run
- getting some work done, a work flow
- email mountain, diminished, and thank goodness, some helpful responses
for the first time in over a month. 11 miles felt good. hearing D talk about conditioning put everything into perspective.
the experience of running the second half of the run at a faster pace than the first is now planted somewhere in my body. have to remember to hold on to that feeling.
new shoes felt mostly good, except for tiny blister on the fleshy part of my left foot.
Doing this now, since tomorrow I have to clear the deck!
- a hug from A – thanks A!
- huge support that makes me want to rise to the occasion, from M and M and S
- great talk with C, I’m so thankful for the excuse to ask lots of questions and listen
- for above and beyond work from staff, who don’t really have to be doing as much as they’re doing.
- achieved a kind of efficiency, I can leave the office before 8 pm
- came up with a good idea for C about how to move her work forward.
- helped a student get a job
- answered some days old e-mails without drama
granted! for this fall.
incredible opportunity and privilege I feel almost embarrassed to have. now, to optimize!
- grateful that somehow, even very far away from home, E is ok. she’s a strange, thoughtful, kinda genius spirit, that her health issues are being ministered to and she’s enduring, with grace, is – amazingly fortunate.
- for a rush of response to some of our ideas being sent out.
- finding a new rhthym to talk to mom on the phone. and mostly – for mom.
- fun role-playing in class
- good questions about experiment
- everything that S has done to make our gathering possible
- a relief of a meeting, endings and new beginnings all stuffed into 2 hours.
- R and her generosity and optimism
- meeting a parent who seems so so familiar – by virtue of his shared references and values.
- E’s patience, seeing through our shared enterprise – even in its real, compromised state
- N and her consistency and follow-through she is model
- fun conversation about experiment
- the moon! gigantic!
- more pizza than I know what to do with
was my longest in four weeks. I’ve been stiff, sore and taking it easy, running 3-5 miles at a time, no more than 2-3x/week.
did about 40 min. of swimming this weekend, which felt great.
morning aches in the ankles and feet have been pointing to plantar fasciitis. plus I’ve developed a pain in my left leg that moved up to my hip and now seems to have settled just up behind my knee.
so broke down and headed off to the running store to get fitted with some more supportive shoes. been joyfully running in minimalist gear, but I think I must’ve hit some kind of limit a few weeks back. new shoes feel like tanks compared to the old. but apparently I’m a mild pronator, so we’ll see if this makes any difference.
friendly, olympic-sized, clean, not at all crowded. I’m grateful to the city for making such a swell pool accessible to me and my neighbors!
the roof garden is closed for the season. I’ll return to this goal, when time, and the weather, permit – next year.
for extra yoga last night. all were cranky from fighting through the rain (and dealing with assorted leaks) all day long.
pushing through soreness, feeling strong and steady in the poses, connecting to breath, earth.
on the downside, I’ve lost just about all of my push-up conditioning. motivation to restart?