So I am embarrassed to say that almost a year later and I am still basically in the same place weight-wise. I think I weigh about 122 at this point. For some reason, my body doesn’t want me to drop below 120…it has been so hard for me. I would like to get down to 110 still (lower if I can). I will log my progress weekly.
I don’t know what happened the other day. I had been doing a pretty good job for a while and then BAM! Friday was a bad day. I did a lot of damage and it really disappointed me after being pretty good for so long (not perfect, but good). I think such an epic fail day really encouraged me to get this thing under control. It’s time.
I was good all day Saturday and so far all day today. I will start logging more often to keep myself accountable and on track. Here I go….
...and I am ready to get back on the wagon. If I make it through today it will be day one. I need to be strong.
Today I weighed myself at 125 pounds. I was hoping to be a lot better at this point, but at least I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight. The wedding I am going to is in less than a month. I think it is pretty unlikely that I will be 110 lbs for it…I would have to lose weight in a very unhealthy way, which I am not willing to do while breastfeeding.
More reasonably, I think I can make it my goal to lose 2 lbs a week for the next 4 weeks for a total of 8 more pounds before the wedding. That will put me down to 117 lbs.
So that is my goal. I’m going to work really hard to try and get there.
Yesterday went great. I kept busy and didn’t get tempted all day. I am very ready to make this change and I hope it can stick. I am trying to think of my new baby girl and remember the example I want to be for her. This helps me to stay on track.
This issue has negatively impacted my life in the following ways:
- it has drowned my self confidence.
- it makes me feel like people wonder what is wrong with me on a daily basis.
- it makes me feel humiliated with my husband and parents.
- it keeps me from doing activities that I enjoy like swimming, certain exercises.
- it makes me feel like I am not beautiful and limits my beauty options.
- it makes me dread photographs, beauty salons, weddings, parties, even nights out.
- it makes me feel like a failure and a freak.
- it is expensive to cover up the damage I do to myself.
- it is a constant worry for me that my daughter will either 1) wonder what is wrong with me once she is more aware or 2) pick up the same habit as me and go through life feeling the way I do.
This is a problem I need to get under control and quickly. My goal is to make progress every single day. I will log once a day to tell whether I was successful or not. My first goal will be success through the end of August and I will go from there.
I gained 45lbs while pregnant and four months after having her, I still have 4 of those pounds left. Not too bad. My goal is to lose the remaining 4 pounds and an additional 15-20lbs after that.
This morning I weighed myself at 129lbs. I would like to weigh, at most, 110lbs for a wedding I am attending in October. Ideally, I would like to be more like 105, but we will see.
I am breastfeeding and it doesn’t seem to be doing anything. In fact, I think it is helping to keep the weight on since my boobs are HUGE!
I am signed up for weight watchers and would like to check in on here weekly to talk about my progress and what has worked.