As you can see the pic, they are my dogs, the brown one is Marilyn and the white one is Michael. Marilyn has been living with us for more than 2 years, Michael been around for couple months. Marilyn is the older one, but we trained her wrong by giving her too much affection that she doesn’t need and turned her to be a little devil. Michael is a big baby, he is submissive but of course he learned all the bad things from Marilyn too.
Recently I got frustrated that these two little devils keep peeing inside the house and their favorite place is in the kitchen! It happened for months, it escalated from once a day to 5 times a day! I tried everything ;
- using newspaper, place into their urine, throw it outside the house and force the dog to sniff it
- put their favorite pillow in the kitchen! Because what I heard dogs instinctually won’t pee or shit their bed, but it didn’t work anyway
How I did finally did it ;
It took me about 2 weeks to finally did it, Marilyn still peeing once in a while but I didn’t give up because the progress is really good.
- I prohibited them to ever enter the kitchen!
- I replaced their meal place. They usually eat and drink in the kitchen. I put their bowls outside
- I trained them to be submissive with Cesar Milan’s methods
- I gave them complements when they pee or poo outside
- I kept watching them for the whole week and corrected them when they enter the kitchen
- I walk them at least once a day
Now it’s almost 3 weeks and the progress is really satisfying!