There are certainly more things I can add to this list, but for now I’m leaving it as it is. It sure is nice to be able to come back and look at it when I’m feeling a little blue. I definitely recommend doing this. =)
To cheer myself up a little, I decided to make a list of all the things and people in my life that I am grateful to have. I will include everything, from the material and insignificant to the most important and meaningful, in no particular order.
Well, here it goes:
1. My mother.
2. My cats, Stimpy and Shampoo.
3. Living in the USA, the country of my dreams.
4. My job, the best I ever had.
5. My boss, the coolest I ever had.
6. My big beautiful library of books, comics and graphic novels.
7. The roof over my head.
8. Our TV.
9. My health.
10. My friend Chris.
11. All my other friends.
12. My dad.
13. The fact that my dad has lived so long despite his heavy smoking.
14. Being able to draw.
15. Having learned to ink after so many years of toil.
16. Being able to speak English and Spanish fluently.
19. My unwavering optimism.
20. My luck.
21. My bicycle.
23. My iPod.
24. All the characters and stories I’ve created.
25. My growing collection of animal figurines.
26. The drawing I got from Andy Runton, author of Owly.
27. My blogs.
28. Having figured out what makes me tick when it comes to relationships and men.
30. Having a little corner studio with all the tools I need to draw and write.
That’s all for now, but I am bound to think of more.