As of adding this goal, here are teas I have already tried:
1. White Rose from Numi- One of my absolute favorites so far, and one of only two white teas I’ve tried. Contains white tea with rosebuds for a light rosy flavor.
2. Earl Grey White from Teavana- This is the other white tea I’ve tried, and I was heavily unimpressed by it. It tasted so strangely of chemicals that I couldn’t finish the cup. Bleh.
3. Jasmine Green- Another favorite, and one that I’ve tried from several sources. I’ve tried Celestial Seasonings Estate, Three Leaf, and have some Jasmine Dragon pearls from Teavana sitting waiting to be used. Good stuff.
4. Sencha Green- A surprise favorite that I first tried at a hotel in New Orleans. Harney and Sons was the brand, and it tasted surprisingly light and citrusy. Tried Choice’s Korean sencha-style green and was less impressed.
5. Vanilla Rooibos- First tried Republic of Tea’s Good Hope Vanilla. Hot tasted weird, but cold was perfect. Tried the Tea Spot’s Red Rocks and that was excellent hot and iced. I’m getting some from Arbor Tea soon that I’m excited to try; rooibos vanilla is one of my favorite teas now.
6. Honeybush from Numi- I need to rebrew this with more tea/hotter water/more time. The cup I had was only mildly sweet and honey-flavored, making it kind of bland.
7. Honey Vanilla Chamomile from Celestial Seasonings- Good, though I’ve found in recent years it is too sweet/bland for me. Tastes good mixed with other things, though.
8. True Blueberry from CS- A good tea, tastes great iced or hot, and mixes well with rooibos or honey vanilla chamomile.
9. Sleepytime from CS- A good tea, though somewhat medicinal in flavor. Would not be my choice for a relaxing tea.
10. Tension Tamer from CS- Like Sleepytime, but stronger and heavier. Is sort of relaxing, but the flavor’s hit or miss.
11. Jammin’ Lemon Ginger from CS- I thought I liked ginger, but whew. This is strong stuff. Seems like it would be great for a sore throat.
12. Lemon Zinger from CS- Strong, but in a good way
13. Country Peach Passion from CS- A surprisingly good herbal peach concoction. Tastes great iced.
14. Candy Cane Lane from CS- A great, strange green tea with vanilla and mint flavors added. I really loved it and stocked up on this seasonal tea because I went through tons of it before I got sick of it.
15. Gingerbread from CS- Not as good as Candy Cane Lane, but perhaps I’m really just not a spicy tea kind of person.
16. Zingiber Ginger Coconut from Teavana- The first rooibos I tried, I really enjoyed this. Was also the first loose leaf tea I tried, and the larger pieces of coconut and cardamom were neat.
17. Mint Magic from CS- Tried CS’s mint and a few others; I’m just not wild for pure mint tea. It mixes well with other flavors, though.
I’m sure I’ve tried others, and will add those along with new ones as I go. But hey, I’m almost halfway there, with no black, oolong, or pu-erhs on the list yet. Soon, the teas will be doubled! 5 months ago