Since the last month of 2012 i’ve adjusted my morning habits to include 15 minutes of exersize. Not always easy to keep up, but so far going strong. Als switched from bread for breakfast to oatmeal, which I’m really enjoying so far. It’s filling, less fatty, easy to make and i can include some fruit, so i can also check that of the list. 11 months ago
1. Dr. Duncan “Om” MacDougall (c. 1866 – October 15, 1920) was an early 20th century physician in Haverhill, Massachusetts who sought to measure the mass purportedly lost by a human body when the soul supposedly departed the body upon death.
2. In 1901 he weighed six patients while they were in the process of dying. The entire bed was placed on an industrial sized scale. The determination of the soul weighing 21 grams was based on the average loss of mass in the six patients within moments after death.
3. Experiments were also done on dogs, but there was no change in mass. The conclusion therefor was that dogs had no soul. 11 months ago
1. The statues on easter island are of men, who by a ritual were made into he form of their deity on earth. When they died, a statue was made to commemorate them.
2. All statues have elongated nails. This was a sign of divinity.
3. There are no trees on easter island. There used to be, but due to the growth of the population all were cut down. With no trees left the people could not make canoes and were marooned on their own island. Food eventually and all died. 11 months ago
You hold a lot of power, and you just seem to draw people to you. You are a very strong person.
You set your sights on what you want and follow your vision. You believe that all your dreams are within reach.
You are magnetic and passionate. You are good at rallying people around a cause.
Once you’ve made up your mind, you won’t change it. Period. You are well known for your stubbornness. 12 months ago
You are a very modern person. You love innovation, and you try to stay on the cutting edge.
No one would accuse you of being behind the times. You’re the first to know about new trends.
You haven’t turned your back in the past, but in general, you look toward the future.
You are always interested in the best things, and you can’t deny progress. 12 months ago
You are a complex thinker, and you’re good at creating elaborate theories and projects.
You tend to have a lot of technical knowledge. You love to learn how to do things.
You are innovative and competent. You can often see where others have gone wrong.
You are also a bit of a skeptic. You aren’t going to believe anything until you’ve investigated it yourself. 12 months ago
You didn’t exactly relish your time on the playground – you would have rather been reading.
You probably avoided any kind of physical activity and preferred friends that did the same.
And while you may have been a bit awkward as a kid, you rule the world now – as all geeks do.
You’ve got the smarts and skills to compete in this modern world. Thank goodness you didn’t waste your time playing sports! 12 months ago
“Is something burning in here? Oh, it’s just me.”
You’re a total nutball who will do anything for attention.
The first to take a dare, you’ll pull almost any stunt.
You’re one weird looking creature, but your chickens don’t mind! 12 months ago
You are happy, driven, and status conscious.
You want everyone to know how successful you are.
Very logical, you see life as a game of strategy.
A bit of a loner, you prefer to depend on yourself.
You always keep your cool and your composure.
You are a born leader and business person. 12 months ago
You are a multifaceted and complex person. The front you provide is even a bit of an illusion.
You are a study in contradictions and strong contrasts. You believe that there is more than one way to look at things.
You also believe in accepting yourself. You feel different from everyone else, and you embrace that.
You inspire others to be their true selves and even flaunt what they’ve got! 12 months ago
You have trouble turning down good food and drink. Life is for the living, and you’re going to celebrate.
You love to have fun, and in your view, the more the merrier. You enjoy festive parties.
You are prone to fantasy. You can’t help but engage in some wishful thinking.
You are genuinely interested in others. There’s nothing more fascinating than people. 12 months ago
You can’t help but look at the big picture. You’re good at putting things together.
You think long term. You always have a vision for the future and an idea of how you want things to be.
You are a very intuitive person. Even though you are constantly thinking, it feels like answers just appear for you.
You enjoy a challenge, especially an intellectual one. You are constantly taking the initiative and pushing yourself. 12 months ago
You are almost like a life coach for your best friends.
You give them help when they need it… but you also know when to give them a push.
People tend to rely on you for moral support and advice.
You’ve probably always been mature for your age, so this is a role that’s you’re comfortable with.
A friend like you is one of the rarest kinds.
You are both a good mentor and companion.
Your friends need you most when: They are confused or worried
You really can’t be friends with: Someone who only wants to complain
Your friendship quote: “The only way to have a friend is to be one.” 12 months ago
You view the world with childlike wonder. You are very inquisitive. You can help but spy, investigate, and ask questions.
You are a very active, on the go person. You get restless if you’re forced to sit still for too long.
You’re easy going and easy to be around. You aren’t picky or high maintenance.
You seek security in your life. Feeling safe is important to you. 12 months ago
Your Superpower is Willpower
Your Weakness is Toilet Paper
Your Weapon is Your Poison Claws
Your Mode of Transportation is Teleporter 12 months ago
Independent, original, analytical and determined. Have an exceptional ability to turn theories into solid plans of action. Highly value knowledge, competence and structure. Driven to derive meaning from their visions. Long-range thinkers. Have very high standards for their performance and the performance of others. Natural leaders, but will follow if they trust existing leaders. 12 months ago
I was in moscow about a week ago. Loved it and am now able to figure out the russian alphabet. Also know bgot and bigot (entrance and exit) 2 years ago
- Phacellophora camtschatica, known as the fried egg jellyfish (google it and you’ll see why) is a very large jellyfish
- Its huge (with a bell up to 60 cm (2 ft) in diameter and sixteen clusters of up to a few dozen tentacles, each up to 6 meters (20 ft) long.
- it eats other jellyfish, which looks very weird 2 years ago
Going thursday with my collegues :) 2 years ago
Now reading Tale of Two Cities. 2 years ago
Now reading Tale of Two Cities. 2 years ago