I did not think I would be able to complete this goal. I am having a difficult time finding the 5 cds worth recommending this year. I’m not sure why. There is a lot of new music out there. I guess most of it does not appeal to me and therefore, I would not recommend it.
But I now have five, and here they are:
5. Forever For Now by LP I head a song by LP on an internet radio station and immediately liked it. Now I have never heard of this artist before and know nothing about her. She has a strong voice and can belt out a song. She is worth it to give a listen.
My favorite song on the cd: Night Like This
4. I Never Learn by Lykke Li This is the third cd of Lykke that I own and this might be the best. There is a lot of feeling in her voice and she brings that feeling out
My favorite song: Gunshot
3. Nocturnal by Yuna This cd is a pop music collection and it seems to me it would be popular with 13 year old girls. It is light and peppy and for some reason I like it. Go figure. If you want that young feeling, it is worth the listen.
My favorite song: Lights and Camera
2. Ultrviolence by Lana Del Rey I don’t care what everyone says about LDR, I love her music and I think she nails it on every song on this cd. She has a great voice and this cd has a lot more drama and theatrics than previous recordings. If you only buy 2 cds this year, this should be one of them.
My favorite: Brooklyn Baby
1. 1000 Forms of Fear by Sia She write songs for Beyonce and other divas, but I am so glad she decided to record this cd herself. Sia has an amazing voice and all the troubles she has been through come through in all these songs. This is the other cd you should buy this year.
My favorite: Fire Meet Gasoline
Bonus Sia – There is a Coke commercial they play during the Olympics. It uses snipits of the Sia hit, Breathe Me. It is just the instrumental parts. This commercial is all about joy and victory. You see the celebrtion as the gold metals are given out. The ironic part is, this song is about loneliness and despair. It is one of my favorite songs and I use it while running. It is funny how this song can help move one down the road. Breathe me by Sia3 months ago