Want to really work on this tomorrow. Mostly got off kilter by lack of gumption for creating a system for integrating the accounting info from my second treatment location. Going to ask M for support on this (helpful to have a data manager/programer for a fiance ;)and move forward ASAP :) 2 hours ago
Dreamdancer12To all my subscribers - an open acknowledgement and appology for the many typos and autocorrect errors!
I post a lot from my phone. It is hard to proof read/spell check. As I read over old entries, I both chuckle and groan over the ridiculousness I’ve discovered I’ve posted… tossing berries in “tidewater?” Seriously? Supposed to be rosewater, lol. 2 hours ago
Don’t know how I missed this update, except that I am subscribed to so many people…..
Hope all is going well for you still. Sounds like you’ve been loving all the best aspects of massage school. Always a thrill to read somebody else enjoying the challenging journey as much as I did…
Makes me realize I’m looking forward to teaching at some point.
Hope all is still going smoothly for you?
Also, in case you haven’t already figured out, for anatomy, study in relationship to your own body and palpating on a friend’s as much as possible. And realize that as you have more years of hands on experience, it all starts to sink in more and make more sense. Anatomy was kind of like “whatever” for me when I was in school, but now, 5 years later, I poor over my Netter’s Anatomical Atlas during my own down time/personal time ;) 2 hours ago
to read your updates. So looking forward to the journey of pregnancy myself. Very motivating to get my ducks in a row :) 2 hours ago
This week: Open and connect with love and integrity
- Appointments to try on dresses
- Talk with Patti
- Fill out application for site use
- Guest list
- Back up computer
- Computer protection soft wear
- Deposit checks (including from Float shoppe)
- Accounting for last few months
- DoTERRA evening
- Clean treatment room
- MATERIALS FOR RUNNERS EVENT AT LUCY’s
- Outreach e-mail
- Supplements daily
- Walk at least once
- Schedule floats
- Sleep by 9:30
- Clean out prius
- Get gas for Iris
- Tidy house for cleaners
- Run laundry
- Get copy of house key
- Water house plants 4 hours ago
Yesterday was pretty sweet.
Professionally: Saw three personal clients. Good sessions.
Personally: Enjoyed catching up with a friend over a delicious lunch.
Wedding planning: Friend volunteered to help more. Just need to set dates etc.
Romantically: Loved getting to go along to M’s coffehouse bluegrass music gig. Beautiful drive down to the rural antique shop/coffee house venue. Loved how the band pulled together a vibrant flow of music with good balance. Hot that the fiddle player would smile and wink at me ;) Good time connecting on drive home too.
Health: Took supplements. Hydrated well, etc. Also made soup today.
Room for growth: I know better than to even nibble the corner of M’s chocolate treats. I simple can’t eat chocolate. Period. It knocked me out, and I slept most of today. Granted, I needed rest anyway, but I want to let myself rest because I deserve down time, rather than because I simply can’t get going. 4 hours ago
Super enjoying not having to get up and rush around. Feeling happy and relaxed vegging out just being :) 17 hours ago
You always sound so excited about your writing dates.
I know for me, the jump start in studying my visceral manipulation and anatomical atlas text books has been: 1, study group once a month with community of passionate bodywork geeks, 2, (and really the most effective) weekly 1.5 hr one on one session for hitting the books together with a woman I met through study group.
I find that the weekly study date both garuntees that we will be moving forward at least a little each week, and also keeps it fresh and wets my appetite to sneak in mini study sessions in between on my own.
Anyway, I am quite sure you will figure out what works for you as the time is right :) 17 hours ago
M has saved over $300 this month on taking tr lunches I’ve prepped ahead for him instead of eating out. Granted, I invested about $150 in initial ingredients – so maybe $150
Savings over all… Still a big deal though, and this way he gets healthy delicious food made with love :) 1 day ago
Want to fully clean the kitchen and the fridge this weekend. Also time to replenish the prepped meal stash in the chest freezer. 1 day ago
Chair massage gig at Menucha retreat center brought in one new client to my private practice so far. Good sense she will be a regular – impressed with my approach and already rebooked :)
Also got a Thai massage demo and raffle gig coming up on the 15th. Hopefully more to follow :)
Today I saw three private practice clients for a total of 4.5 billable hrs. Good times keep coming. 1 day ago
Barral institute teaches Manila therapists how to release the adhesions and pain patterns of the nerves themselves. Can’t wait to study this work! My teacher has used a bunch of the techniques in helping me heal from my car accident injuries. My doctor can’t belief how fast my pain is fading and my range of motion is coming back. Can’t say enough good things about how the Barral Institute work is improving my quality of life :)
Hope you find relief soon.
P.s. fermented krill oil is also working wonders on relieving my nerve pain. 1 day ago
Successes from today:
- washed and braided my hair
- wore my affirmation covered shoes
- love my purple coat
- drove Iris, my beautiful BMW. So love this car!
- lots of kombucha and water
- vitamin and mineral supplements
- no dairy or gluten!
- totally connected :) 2 days ago
Perhaps it is worth filing on a book shelf or in a box of keepsakes? Sounds very personal and sentimental. 2 days ago
Super rejuvenating nap in the small float tank. Got in some good stretching and unwinding too.
My body felt slender and cleared of gunk afterwards. All swelling/inflammation completely gone. Love how my skin feels too! 2 days ago
At this point my success is more about putting the principles into applied practice rather than trying to identify more game plan strategies etc.
Today I practiced success by:
- floating first thing. Got up and out, knowing it is important for me to nourish my body and nervous system this way.
- arrived on time to my appointment with my ND. Acknowledged how much I am improving in ROM etc.
- focused on being present, and expectationless rather than letting ego intrude on our session while I held space for and provided bodywork for my teacher. (A first working with her this direction)
- let the path of most light dictate where we went for lunch.
- practiced listening and affirming another’s story instead of just being caught up in my own.
- ALLOWED MYSELF TO CHANNEL! Haven’t fully embodied myself as a knowing healer with shamanic insights very much recently. Felt good to stand in my power and connect with the messages and clarity on this woowoo level of interaction.
- hydrated well. Water and water part of two bottles of kombucha
- nipped the inclination to go out to dinner in the bud. Got creative here at home instead. Feels good to have saved $30 by avoiding lazy cravings.
- cooked something nice we can both enjoy, a real treat.
- stayed strong and centered in tying off others and enjoying my own vibrant energy bubble rather than getting sucked too far into the black hole of fear and doubt around M’a emotional and energetic unavailability. Tough having a partner who is tired and irritable. Looking forward to a quick shift and having more fun with him!
- invested in behind the scenes work during my flex hr
Rather than just procrastinating with a short nap: sent follow up emails to clients from last week. Moved forward with donations for silent auction, etc.
- provided a stellar session for my new client and she rebooked! Yay!
- took all forms of health supplements with dinner. Going to continue feeling good, I am committed!
- practicing gratitude, faith, and acknowledgement for everything going in positive direction :) 2 days ago
Today, and each day hence forth I choose the option with the most light. I welcome flow and open connections with my loved ones and the divine.
Enjoyed a lunch date with my teacher today. She leads my study group, and I’ve gotten o know her a bit through receiving one on one. I suggested we might grab lunch together today after a different appointment together, and she was game. Had a truly lovely time getting to know each other and the back grounds of our work better. We actually share a lot of life path similarities in common.
Tonight M and I scrounged at home for dinner rather than dropping thirty bucks on going out or ordering in. Our poor mans pizzas were less than satisfying, so I am baking a crisp as a tasty desert. Wanted something sweet and nourishing to fill in the cracks. Realized I had both frozen crisp topping from last time I made a fruit crisp, and also a whole bag of frozen mixed berries. So I tossed the berries in cinnamon sugar and rosewater, added fresh chopped apple, sprinkled on the topping and popped our evening treat in the oven. Hopefully M will enjoy it and feel well loved. 2 days ago
Thanks for sharing your vision and voice!
Love the affirmation. Really resonates for me powerfully. 2 days ago
So glad you’ve for fabulous friends to share with. The spinach sounds delish! 2 days ago
Hope you start feeling more yourself soon :) 2 days ago
We all know you can do this. Sounds like the holidays and stress did derail you. Perhaps you were in some sort of disconnect, where day to day life was one reality, but you were still holding on to a concept of the holidays and what they needed to look like to be “ok” that doesn’t fit your more modest financial life style?
How can you plan ahead to have fun and feel nurtured and festive this next holiday season w/o putting things on card? 2 days ago
Made a simple, less than anti-inflammatory diet friendly dinner: sweet potato, green beans, corn, and zucchini sautéed up and then smothered in a store bought jar of simmer sauce. Paired the stew with quinoa. Tasty, affordable, but had tomato and cream in it. Liked how quick and easy it was. 3 days ago
For engrossed in clerical work this morning. Worked right up util the time I needed to leave to get to my first appointment of the day. Took the time to whip up a quick mixed berry and protein powder shake for myself before running out the door. Took my complete collection of daily supplements too. A bit low on calories for the day (maybe hitting at 200 so far, and it is nearly 2 pm) but at least it is healthy and affordable instead of toxic crap. Hope I end up having time to swing by the natural food store and grabbing an afternoon snack. 3 days ago
My outreach opportunities are flourishing! Chair massage client from Saturday’s outreach program is coming in for a pre-paid full length session with me tomorrow. Another sporadic existing client is coming in for some neck care tonight.
I’m so grateful for wonderful opportunities to keep my own vitality flowing and life in balance as I reach out to offer healing support for my potential clients.
Striving not to freak out about how little I made in February. Often a tough month for me, and at least this year was less of a struggle than last. Have to trust that this is in fact turning around for me! 3 days ago
I’ve managed to send M with a home made lunch to work every day. Usually pulling something I’ve pre-made out of the freezer to thaw.
Dinners have been soups and stews etc for the most part. Also made breakfast for dinner a couple of times – hashbrowns and eggs etc.
Tonight I made a delicious pesto pasta dish.
With being as busy as I have been though, I’ve eaten out for thai once, and Indian a two or three times as well. 4 days ago
I’ve got a change/cash jar designated for saving for babies. Putting all our loose change, + some cash tips and money from chair massage gig etc in there. It’s a start. 4 days ago
Discovered walking back to the apartment from taking the trash that I’ve regained capacity to swing through long strides – a healthy familiar almost pre accident style gait pattern! So thrilled receiving bodywork with my teacher is paying off so well! Think I’m good to start mini walks again now that I can walk a block or two without pain. :) 4 days ago
Today’s filled me up with community love!
- Attended Study Group this morning. Becoming close friends with three of them. Really enjoyable to geek out together! And heartfelt hugs are just what I’ve been craving.
- Received MVC treatment payed for session with our TA. She is wonderful, and made me feel good about myself and well cared for/loved.
- Went to catch the last hour of tea time and chat, a relaxed catching up sort of women’s circle session. More hugs :)
- Met up with N for tea at Tao of Tea. Always so rejuvenating! So glad our friendship is deepening in this way, and that it is working for both of us + our partners being cool with us hanging out as friends. Love him! Such a truly wonderful guy. And so enlightening to hear a thoughtful male perspective on both personal and professional matters.
- Came home refreshed and ready to be present and supportive of my partner. So good not to need all my love and caring attention from one individual source.
- Chance to chill on-line and connect with 43things too! Yay! 4 days ago
Slept in this morning, relishing pleasant dreams for once. Maybe my B12 levels are getting back in balance for better sleep? Always forget that has such an effect.
Prioritized getting out emails and coordinating calandra before dashing out to work.
Grabbed a Breakie burrito and bottle of water to get me trough the afternoon at work
Focused on posture and listening to my hands knowledge rathe than getting energetically caught up too immersed in my clients bodies. Practicing awareness gleaned during tutorial Friday.
3 90 min treatments this afternoon.
Dinner out to nourish and rebalance before going back for fourth client, a friend who was in a car accident last week.
Grateful for my skill earning me cash tips which makes this life and dinner possible :) 5 days ago
Keep forgetting to get water, and too pooped to go get it when I remember. Definitely dragging me down.
Plus sides, I took all my supplements today. Also heading to bed by 11:30 pm, so not the worst ever. And made a list for tomorrow.
Did well at my outreach event yesterday. Hoping those leads follow up for good healing and increased cash flow.
Now, bed and hopefully wake reasonably rested and bright eyed. 6 days ago