x-rays this morning. I need to wait to go over them with my chiro, but from what I can see, I’ve improved! 1 month ago
- Going for a walk with Chris to look at second hand shops.
- Ribs, corn & coleslaw for lunch. 1 month ago
I spent a few hours on this tonight. I have goals relating to self, Chris, family, career, friends and finances. The author of the guide I followed also suggested completing a weekly review so I’ll try that as well. 1 month ago
We are very close now, I think we got the fighting out of the way when we were younger! Mostly physical, funnily enough.
I’m glad you’re back posting more actively, I’ve missed you.1 month ago
Went and got a blood test done today. The nurse got my vein straight away, I was so relieved. My veins are very tiny. 1 month ago
All written and ready to go. Just need to print and present. The tricky bit.
Hi, I’m Butterfly and for those who don’t know, I’m Sarah’s older sister.
Growing up, Sarah used to drive me absolutely nuts. She was always in my room, or following me around, copying what I did. I also couldn’t understand how someone could talk quite so much. I made up a game: “Who can be quiet the longest.” I won.
As most of you will know, Sarah still talks a lot. But she also listens, is incredibly generous and just wants everyone to be happy. And this makes her very special. I guess at this point, some of you are expecting to hear some embarrassing stories about my little sister. But even though I’ve been saying I will for years, which is kind of a shame as there are many, I won’t. Instead, I’d like to share a quote I read recently.
Keep people in your life that truly love you, motivate you, encourage you, inspire you, enhance you and make you happy.
And I’m sure that all of you are here tonight and are in Sarah’s life because you fulfil all of these things.
Please raise your glasses to my sister to wish her Happy Birthday. Happy 21st Sarah, love you.2 months ago
I’m glad I could help :)
I think if you do manage it, you’ll look even more forward to the weekends! 2 months ago
- Receiving an email saying that I’ve been matched with a teacher mentor. Perfect timing as I’m feeling very frustrated, a little lost and considering a Master of Education. 2 months ago
It is too! Hopefully they’re good luck. 2 months ago
I hope your day was filled with much joy and your year is filled with re-arranging and that you find your long-lost mojo. 2 months ago
Wandered over to the park where they were playing “Despicable Me 2.” Stayed for a little while, but then it started drizzling and I’ve seen the movie before. Walked back home. 2 months ago
Was all set to put a deposit on the venue and then opened the mail to find an incredibly large gas bill. That we will need to dip into our savings to pay. I am so annoyed. I’m also worried because I’m hardly working at the moment. That’s nothing to do with me, it’s just so quiet at this time of year for teaching. While I’m incredibly good at budgeting so that we’re able to survive and I’m still able to attend chiro appointments, I want to be able to contribute to our account. 2 months ago
- Roast lamb for lunch
- Finding a modular couch in hard rubbish! We carried it back to our place and I spent most of the afternoon getting it through the door and working out how it fits together
- Going to the library and then reading in the sunshine 2 months ago
My account if anyone is interested in what the site is about :) I’ve recently been getting into ‘Epic Battle Fantasy’. I’m so impressed that people have made these games and that they’re free to play. 2 months ago
Met up with Liani in the city for lunch. Shared a plate of dips and chips, accompanied by a glass of wine each. We’re both quiet, used to being with someone who dominates the conversation I think, so it was a little stilted at first. Got a lot better though. I asked her to be one of my bridesmaids :) 2 months ago
Done. Completed 2 sessions in a row tonight so I could complete the course. Doing 15 minutes or so of Yoga a day seems to be really helping my adjustments. 2 months ago
My iron count was really good! (130) Having suffered Anaemia in earlier years, I’m always concerned about this. I have very tiny veins and it was unseasonably cold, so they were harder to find. I mentioned this and one of the nurses went to get me a heatpack. I had no idea that was an option. Helped a little. The nurse who drew blood actually said to me that I shouldn’t donate in Winter at all. They do such an amazing job and make such a fuss of you. I have to admit I kind of like it. 2 months ago
- This: http://www.pedestrian.tv/news/arts-and-culture/juno-star-ellen-page-comes-out-as-gay/823f0b0c-d8b2-4072-a35c-eab67786a5b7.htm. Seeing how hard it was for her to come out and the fact that she did it with the intention that she might be able to help the LBGT community was wonderful to see. I haven’t seen anyone in the public eye do something selfless for a long time. I think I might have a little girl crush.
- Feeling good enough to tidy up things around the house and make it nice again. I suspect that I may have had mild depression, which was making it hard to motivate myself. 2 months ago
JWillow. Both substances that you’re trying to give up are incredibly addictive. Caffeine withdrawals are well known and there’s research that suggests that sugar has a similar effect on the brain as cocaine. Have you tried swapping the sweet treat for fruit? I often use dried fruit for this (I’m a definite sugar addict), my recently found favourite being dried mango. And maybe a nice tea instead of the coffee?
I don’t think they’re a wipe-out at all, I think you can still change your habits :) 2 months ago
- Donating blood. Not the actual donating but the feel-good factor afterwards
- Valentine’s “date” with Liani
- Going in to see Chris at work. Him sneaking a kiss and the people he works with being warm and lovely towards me. 2 months ago
- Waking up to the smell of rain. 2 months ago
Earlier tonight I experimented with a messy up-do and now I’m sitting here with a Katniss-inspired braid. I need more practice with braiding, but I’m getting better. I actually just need more practice with controlling my thick, wavy hair. 2 months ago
- Having a surprisingly nice lunch out. With 3 glasses of wine that made me giggly.
- A really good adjustment at the chiro. 2 months ago
Liani & Jamie Our “couple” friends. This year, I’ve spent a little more time with just Liani and found someone who is just lovely. Very kind, giving and doesn’t say a bad word about anyone.
Bree Chris’s work friend. Have only been out with her once, but had an amazing time and found we had a lot in common.
Jordan We went to her Art exhibition and she also tagged along to the markets. I then ran into her while waiting for the tram. Perhaps the universe is trying to tell me something? 2 months ago
I wanted to have both sit down and enjoy and run out of the door options for breakfast. Some of these are in regular rotation, others are new:
- Sweet breakfast omelette
- Eggs in purgatory
- Nut balls (once I find some that don’t require a food processor)
- Egg scrambles
- Granola, either w/ almond or coconut milk or w/ coconut yoghurt. Both with fruit
- Breakfast bars
- Breakfast cookies
- Chia seed puddings
- Banana bread
- Breakfast bowls (basically veggies w/ a fried egg on top)
- Sweet potato hash
- Breakfast “Sandwich”
- Smoothies (need some kind of protein powder or serve with protein on the side for these)
- Fritters 2 months ago
Went to see Philomena today, which was a movie based on a true story, about a woman who has her baby taken away from her and then spends her whole life looking for him. 2 months ago
Chris, being the wonderful man that he is, didn’t tell me to get over it when I was feeling really down. Instead, he insisted that we go to the beach, that what I needed was to get out of the house, I was spending too much time alone. And he was right. I enjoyed my ice cream and his looking after me very much. 2 months ago