- Having a really good first day back of Term 2! I was expecting the class to be unsettled, especially after 2 weeks of holidays as well as having me as their relief teacher first up, but they were lovely and calm. 2 months ago
- Chris giving me some $ to buy eggs. 2 months ago
YNAB is the acronym for “You Need A Budget.” It’s non-threatening and user-friendly budgeting software. https://www.youneedabudget.com/
They have a 34-day demo if you wanted to try it out. 2 months ago
as I have an anniversary coming up in May is “make time for what matters.” Although I would be quite happy with “the force is with me!” as well. 2 months ago
-bunch of kale
Remove leaves from the stems of the kale (don’t eat the stems, really bitter) and tear into bite-size pieces. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake 10-15 minutes. 2 months ago
- Julie’s dog leaning its front paws on the ledge of the kitchen window and looking in at me. 2 months ago
- Drive & overnight stay for a 50th birthday celebration 2 months ago
- Sex2 months ago
- $570 for rent
- $180 towards my half of electricity bill
- $50 for chiro
- $20 eating out
- $13 towards “buffer”
Feeling better and more stable than I did last week about our financial situation. Rent has been paid, so has chiro. In retrospect, I didn’t have to eat both lunch and dinner out yesterday, but never mind. Dinner wasn’t planned. I now have $26 in my “buffer.” What would have been better is if I had followed Rule 2 a little better and already had money available for the electricity bill. 3 months ago
- The gas bill, finally FINALLY being sorted out. Your account balance is now $0.00. I’m sorry, could you repeat that again. What a relief.
- Impromptu catch up with A. Anna for lunch and burgers for dinner. 3 months ago
- Snuggling up with a cookbook to flick through. 3 months ago
- Dog falling asleep on my lap on the drive back.
- Cuddles and watching Harry Potter with Chris. It was nice to be home. 3 months ago
- Doing some jobs for Mum at her place, getting ready to sell the house. Put in some solar lights out the front, oiled the deck, planted some herbs and shovelled and moved some gravel to the carport. Discovered that I’m allergic to “natural” decking oil, when my bottom lip started itching and swelled up! 3 months ago
- Giving the bus driver an Easter egg and wishing him happy easter when I got off the bus.
- Road trip to Jamestown with Sarah & James. 3 months ago
- A very lazy day. 3 months ago
I’ve entered in all of the income I’ve received:
- Centrelink payment
- Pay from my job
- Chris’s contribution to the rent
- $7 towards “buffer”
I have enough to cover the next lot of rent and $30 to put towards my chiro appointment, but need another 20. Do not have enough for the electricity bill due at the end of the month. Am not earning anything at the moment either. Still, there’s food in the fridge to last a little while and I’m going away this weekend to Mum’s and next weekend to spend some time with Chris’s family. At least we won’t have to worry about meals then. 3 months ago
- Lovely day with Chris. 3 months ago
That’s exciting, how are you feeling? Well prepared I hope :) 3 months ago
about how I want to approach this bootcamp.
I turned 25 last month and so far, I’m liking what this age has to offer. I do feel that I’m blooming. I handle stress a lot better and don’t spend time worrying about things I have no control over. I say yes to invites, instead of thinking up excuses. I even arrange meet-ups myself now. I’m enjoying a great balance in my health & wellness. My relationship is still going strong, still full of laughter, even in the midst of wedding planning. I’m being booked more for relief work and more often in advance. I’m enjoying where I’m at right now and just wanted to acknowledge that.
The bud that’s struggling to flower however, is financial. It seems that I have just enough money to cover our rent, my chiro appointment and groceries. Sometimes only just. And then something comes up (like an electricity bill) that completely throws me out of whack. I want to escape this precarious way of living. And I’m going to do so by utilising the YNAB software. 3 months ago
- Nice compliments from Chris. 3 months ago
- Finding my wedding dress!!! 3 months ago
- Finding a recipe online for carrot cake chocolate chunk breakfast cookies. I’m getting fed up with bacon & eggs. 3 months ago
with rule 1 for awhile, but have fallen off the wagon. It’s time to get back on!
The rest will come in due time, with rule 4 being the hardest to obtain. And the most rewarding when I get there. 3 months ago
- Going for paella and sangria with Liani & Jamie. A “chai buzz” afterwards, which tasted like gingerbread. 3 months ago
- Going for a walk first thing this morning, then being silly rolling down a hill and kicking a tennis ball, running to chase after it. 3 months ago
- Going to see “Divergent” at an old cinema with A. Anna, Sarah & James. Hot chocolate at a french cafe afterwards. 3 months ago