July 18, 2013
- Sleeping in until 9:30 (sweet, sweet pillow time).
- A slightly cooler day – the afternoon was hot, but comfortable enough to go for a long walk. Buying a carton of cookies and cream ice cream and edible waffle bowls. Discovering a shady shortcut home.
- Drinking chilled bottles of water with ice crystals inside.
- The recycling of many, many empty boxes.
- Home (home!) cooked Indian food and cold apricot beer.
- The cool of the night arriving with bright sprinklings of stars.
July 19, 2013
- Sorting out the cable issues. All is running smoothly now.
- A visit to our new neighborhood library – it’s lovely! The librarians were really, really wonderful and welcoming. I got a cheque in the mail just in time to use it for secondary ID to get new cards, and Isak signed up for the summer reading club.
- Iris had an extra long nap so I got a lot more unpacking done. I also found the AWOL family health care cards (which had been stressing me out).
- My dear, dear old friend G called to offer the kids and I tickets to go to Folk Fest with him this weekend as his husband got free passes for arranging some of the artists but doesn’t want to go. I haven’t been for years (it’s gotten too expensive) and am really excited to go! 12 months ago