... some items around the house will help with my downsizing. Hoping to find 43 things I can replace with a smaller version or reduce the quantity of other items.
1. Laundry baskets: Four baskets take up a lot of room. Will use the liner bags that are inside my clothes hampers to transport the laundry downstairs and a couple of folding laundry baskets for clean clothes.
2. Sweater dryers: Folding mesh dryers instead of bulkier drying rack.✔
3. Outdoor clothes drying rack: Need to replace soon and will get a smaller rack that can be used indoors.
4. Water cooler: Replacing with water filter.
5. Bedroom lamps in guest room. Will replace with wall mounted lighting.
6. Sheets (Reduced)✔
7. Bath towels (Reduced)✔
8. Beach towels (Reduced for now, will replace soon)✔
9. Kitchen towels (Reduced)✔
10. Microwave cookware: Got rid of all microwave cookware and using pyrex instead. ✔
11. Photos: Scan and return most of my family photos.
12. Yearbooks (got rid of mine, kept hubby’s)✔
13. Outdoor furniture. Not replacing most of the broken furniture.
14. Books: Will get rid of at least a dozen books on paperbackswap.com in the next month.
15. Water Bottles: Got rid of 4 old Sigg water bottles we never use. Kept 4 Sigg bottles, a larger Kleen Kanteen and purchased a new S’Well bottle. ✔
16. Plastic Insulated Cups (Reduced)✔
17. Cups/Mugs: 10. Got rid of promotional mugs and some cups from a dish set I gave away.✔
18. Note cards: kept less than 25%✔
19. Cake Takers (will reduce from 8 to 4)
20. Tupperware cookie containers (reduced from 7 to 5)✔
22. Trade Publications
23. Business Papers
24. Personal Papers
27. Hubby’s Books
28. Gift Wrap Organizer (smaller size)
30. Hubby’s clothes
32. Hubby’s shoes
33. Jewelry Box
34. Fabric Stash (will reduce soon)
Will update this as I replace more items. 4 days ago