What a wonderful surprise, welcome Nepal!
And what a beautiful flag!
Once more I find I don’t know as much about a country as I thought. Of course, the mountains and mountaineers come to mind, and my colleagues taking hiking trips in Nepal.
I’ll have to read up. welcome! 5 hours ago
- The weekend started after an intense work day
- Getting my glasses refitted by a friend who’s an optician – no more aches
- The product presentation party was fun
- Failing and trying again
Rain on a sunny afternoon last week14 hours ago
- A good day at work with lots of solved problems
- An invitation to a product presentation party tomorrow
- A nice glass of black currant cider after work
- The hot water heater has been replaced and the heating is back on, too!
- Watching a brave little flock of chickens enjoying an expedition to the neighbors lawn :)
Opening the flood gates to the Gotha Channel1 day ago
- The work day raced by me so fast
- Being able to help, sometimes
- Standing my ground
- The swallows moved back into the old garage
- Our hot water heater will be exchanged, soon
Our neighbors gardening basket :-)2 days ago
I hope it works with Spatzenblog!
I’ve tried to read up to see if I need to do something to allow Bloglovin to add me but so far I’ve not found anything that I understand, I’m afraid!
And thank you again for the nice words! 2 days ago
It’s the first time I noticed that, too!
Such a nice gesture, and it made me smile for a long time! 2 days ago
And I always wonder “what if the toxic person simply doesn’t know”? What if nobody ever said a word and everybody just shrugs their shoulders? How are they supposed to change for the better?
Though, I have to admit, I don’t get the feel that change is possible with some people.
Sigh. 2 days ago
I’ve heard about Bloglovin before but I have no idea how this works.
I’ll have to read up on it.
The web site looks nice, and it might make subscribing easier.
Hm, perhaps I need another button :)
Thank you for the nice words! You’re so welcome! 3 days ago
My little blog now has 100 followers!
As Wordpress decides to count tumblr subscribers (6) and twitter followers (35) too, it’s not an even number. Pinterest followers (3) are not counted, it seems.
I often marvel at the numbers of followers and subscribers – 164 at 43T at the moment, and I’m so very thankful so many great people are reading what I write and take time to cheer, like or heart and comment and answer. I never knew there were so many kind and great people all around, and I’ve met great friends here.
Life is great, and you all make it so much brighter!
Thank you everybody! 3 days ago
- Seeing so many people helping after the Oklahoma tornadoes
- A fresh perspective on work problems
- An invitation to a barbecue
- My new glasses for working at the computer make it a lot easier to read everything, though the frames need to be readjusted
- I discovered the words “Get well soon” printed on the inner tab of one of my medications packaging
A shop entry in Fredrikstadt, Norway. I really enjoyed walking around there, all the great details!3 days ago
And I hope today was even better! 3 days ago
My main problem is getting over the “it’s all your fault” and the feeling that if I tried harder / were nicer / or worked better it wouldn’t happen.
I think I’ve got a long road ahead of me. 3 days ago
You always stand out as a shining example of ratty-ness and all that’s fabulous. 4 days ago
Forester321 recommended this talk, and I’ve got to agree.
I didn’t realize the background behind Liu Bolin’s work at all.
Liu Bolin: The invisible man
Can a person disappear in plain sight? That’s the question Liu Bolin‘s remarkable work seems to ask. The Beijing-based artist is sometimes called “The Invisible Man” because in nearly all his art, Bolin is front and center — and completely unseen. He aims to draw attention to social and political issues by dissolving into the background.
Beijing-based artist Liu Bolin silently comments on modern sociopolitical conditions by disappearing into his art.4 days ago
A few weeks ago, I defended my boundaries with one of the toxic people, and lo and behold, no further attempt to cross them came along.
And just today, after talking to yet another of those people, it dawned on me – it’s never going to be good enough. Everything is always flawed and there’s ample reason to complain and nag with them.
It’s their problem, not mine, and there’s nothing I can do about that. I tried and it only got worse. Way worse.
So, that makes two things I’ve learned in the last month. Who knew? 4 days ago
- A national holiday today and no stressful Monday
- Coloring my hair – it looks better now, even though I managed to dye half the bathroom and towels with it…
- The livingroom wall is coming along, thanks to my husband working at it
- Playing with my photographs
- Messages from friends
The East India Company’s ship Götheborg – a great replica we saw in Gotheburg last year4 days ago
A worthy start to this goal – I threw away the jewelry box I got from my grandmother.
It was beyond saving and crumbled on touch.
Now on to the goal to sort the contents – mostly costume jewelry, from what I see.
That was not easy. 4 days ago
All my loans came in on time, so I was able to give my 25th Kiva loan.
It went to Indira Gissel from Managua, Nicaragua
Gissel is a 23 year old young woman who lives in the Reparto España of Managua. She is married and has a 4 year old son who is her highest priority: she wants to see to it that he never lacks for anything. Consequently she has begun selling cosmetics, clothing and shoes. Her husband works on his own as a lawyer, however it is often difficult for him to find cases that go into litigation and they have to rely solely on Gissel’s earnings.
The loan Gissel is requesting will be invested in her small business. She hopes to expand and to maintain a more sustainable means of income for her home in order to insure the proper growth of her son.
Good luck! 4 days ago
I’m sure you’ll be fabulous and all will be well! 5 days ago
In to the wastebasket – two tubes of hair products that didn’t work and that I kept around in a stubborn effort to make them do.
I finally bought one product to replace them and threw the rest away – after one year!
So, that makes that goal done, though I’ve got to admit most of the things were thrown away.
On to a new goal! 5 days ago
- Sleeping in a bit and feeling better overall
- A long breakfast and no hurry
- My glasses for work on the computer monitor are finished and I’ll try them next work – hopefully less headaches in the evening
- A nice lunch on the countryside and a walk around afterwards
- Enjoying a bowl of ice cream
- Some chores finally done
A small pilgrim church on the countryside where we took a walk, with the decoration of a wedding yesterday still visible5 days ago
- Though I woke at 5 with pain, I was able to get back to sleep 2 hours later and woke up pain free
- The sun is shining and it’s a lovely great day
- Seeing a wedding ‘motorcade’ with the people waving at us and laughing, so joyful!
- Taking a lovely walk through a forest in the sunshine
A memorial cross we came across while walking the forest roads.6 days ago
- The long Pentecost weekend has started
- Our traditional weekly Italian start-the-weekend lunch
- Snuggling on the couch with my beloved birdy quilt
- Birds bathing in the rain puddles
The first rose of summer, still covered in raindrops1 week ago
The downside: Cramming five days of work into four days next week… 1 week ago
All good wishes for the happy couple! 1 week ago